The Student Room Group

Ucas confusion?

Hey,

I got my offers back ages ago but have got slightly worried about something i've just seen.

I have to get 280 points from BTEC It and two a levels.
Problem is i do BTEC IT which is two a levels, and then i do 1 a level and 2 As subjects.

Why would then offer me this when they know i dont do 2 "A levels" but a BTEC and 1 A level and 2 As subjects?

Do i just need 280 points?
Original post by John Smithson
Hey,

I got my offers back ages ago but have got slightly worried about something i've just seen.

I have to get 280 points from BTEC It and two a levels.
Problem is i do BTEC IT which is two a levels, and then i do 1 a level and 2 As subjects.

Why would then offer me this when they know i dont do 2 "A levels" but a BTEC and 1 A level and 2 As subjects?

Do i just need 280 points?

Don't make any assumptions. Call them on Tuesday to clarify. They may have made a mistake. None of us on here can tell you. You have to discuss it with them. If they are making you an offer which it is impossible for you to meet because you aren't taking the right combination of subjects and nothing has changed from what you have put on your Ucas form, then it will be a mistake. Only they can tell you what they are going to do about it.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Don't make any assumptions. Call them on Tuesday to clarify. They may have made a mistake. None of us on here can tell you. You have to discuss it with them. If they are making you an offer which it is impossible for you to meet because you aren't taking the right combination of subjects and nothing has changed from what you have put on your Ucas form, then it will be a mistake. Only they can tell you what they are going to do about it.

I realise this but was just asking for an opinion. Will contact them ASAP and find out
As above, phone the Uni and point out the mistake.
Do this BEFORE you make any Firm/Insurance decisions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending