The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

UNITE Halls

Are the unite private halls any good?
I am interested about New Medlock House and Piccadilly Point.
What about the locations of these halls.The piccadilly's location seems a bit rough.I have heard something about drug-dealers nearby.In addition they are both located near busy roads.Is there a lot of noise coming from the cars passing by?
I haven't really heard any good things about UNITE halls to be honest, they seem to be one of the numerous big corporations that are far more interested in profit than actually looking after their tenants. New Medlock House and Piccadilly Point aren't in very appealing locations either, there are far better areas to live in.

Why don't you apply for university halls? They offer a much better living experience in almost every respect and if you're a first year undergraduate, you're guaranteed a room.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
What halls would you suggest near the engineering campus?
Original post by Fostiras
What halls would you suggest near the engineering campus?

Wright Robinson and Weston Hall are the closest, they're only a couple of minutes walk away. They have a reputation for being the quietest and least social of all the halls though so you might want to consider other places if that sort of thing is important to you. I wouldn't want to live in either of them personally, they're too isolated and quiet for my liking.

I'd probably recommend Whitworth Park if you're looking for somewhere relatively close to campus. It only takes ten minutes or so to get to Sackville Street on the bus but it's supposed to still be reasonably social given its location.

Have you read the Accommodation FAQ thread? It's got a lot of information on the different campuses and halls. The general idea is that the further you get from Fallowfield, the less social the halls become.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending