The Student Room Group

who doesn't buy her music

I'm no more boy
I use Spotify; so I don't "buy" music in that sense.
Reply 2
If I bought everything, I'd be so poor now. I consume like 20 quids worth of music a week but I occasionally buy things from bandcamp if I can't find a rar or zip file online
You can buy music?
People still buy music. .? Come on...

I haven't bought a cd since 2006
Lol who buys music nowadays? Isn't that why so many HMVs have closed down?
I still buy physical cds at time because collecting them is cool and will be great once I get a car
Reply 8
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
I still buy physical cds at time because collecting them is cool and will be great once I get a car

t'is all about the AUX cord, my friend.
Reply 9
Not everything, no. I often "download" music, and then if I particularly enjoy it, I go and buy it. Mainly for better quality tbh.

All the stuff from my favourite bands and such though I always buy yeah.
Reply 10
I generally buy music because I respect the artists who are making it. I would not like to go through the hard work of producing music to be told by some first world, middle-class kid that they don't believe they should have to pay for it. In return of this respect I would not charge my fans £20 a month to listen to my music.
I buy CDs as it's the easiest way to get hold of lossless files for most popular music. I use Spotify and Google Play music a lot too though, 320kbps tracks are fine for one-off listens to older albums or checking out new music. Once my phone contract expires later this year I'll probably siphon off most of that cost into a Tidal subscription if the artist selection is any good.
Original post by quirksy
t'is all about the AUX cord, my friend.

Of couse but I still like the physical interaction with cds. In the same way someone would collect vinyl but I was never brought up with a turntable so I'll probably stick to cds
i buy CDs at car boot sales for maybe 50p. otherwise it is Spotify.
I mainly use Spotify and if I like an album enough I'll buy the CD and some releases I'll get on vinyl
Reply 15
I rarely buy CDs but if I do it's because I really like the CD and wanna support the artist. Also they're cool to collect and they're good to have for the car.
Edit - double post
(edited 8 years ago)
I almost exclusively buy music in physical media. It just feels wrong not to. I like collecting discographies and reading the sleeve notes. When I have a better income I'll buy more merch at gigs as this is how most bands make their money.
I'm an album.
12 tracks included.
He isn't single.
It's an artist.
I'm an album for love.
Please buy me.
Take care of it. Haha

Quick Reply

Latest