The Student Room Group

Ocr govt&politics june 2015 predictions?

Does anyone know what might come up in the politics and government exam? Ocr btw

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I feel like my school is the only one in the whole world that does OCR Government and Politics :|
Reply 2
Wow other people actually do OCR? I'd given up hope...
Reply 3
i have no idea how to revise :frown:
Anyone resitting from last year remember the 2014 questions? Might help to rule out what won't come up :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm resitting F851, F852 and F855. I left school two years ago.
Didn't realise how difficult it would be to learn the content for this exam… (without any notes from school or anything).

Hopefully my **** grade will lower the grade boundaries and help you guys out
Ok so, F851. These are MY OWN GUESSES based on what came up since 2010. Please don't rely on them, I really have no idea, I'm just making educated guesses :smile:

Voting Behaviour- Low turnout or is social structures the best
Elections- Changing current General Election (FPTP) system or referendums (maybe because of the 2014 Scottish Independence Ref?)
Parliamentary Elections- No idea, there's no pattern here :/
Pressure Groups- 12, roles of pressure groups and 28, pressure groups vs parties or 12, definitions and 28, successes. 30 maybe criticisms of pressure groups or success question??
Parties- 12, funding and 28, state funding. 30, party systems or ideologies of main parties changing.

I think it'll be Pressure Groups 12 and 28 and Parties 30 this year since for the last 2 years Parties has been the 12 and 28 but again, not really got a clue :/
Reply 7
Good guesses, thank you!
I hate how in politics the questions can be worded differently, there can be so many questions on one topic!
Reply 8
How much should you write for the 28 and 30 mark essays?
I remember my teacher telling me to write no more than 3/4 of a page for the 12 mark question, but the others I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got f852 notes they could kindly send me. I'm ok for f851 paper, but need notes on legislature and executive and judiciary for paper 2. Thanks
Reply 10
I'm so so stuck on current examples if anyone has a good list or a few amazing ones i'd be really grateful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone think the party's question could be on the UK as a multi-party system because on the rise of UKIP/SNP etc? Or is this a long shot..
I have the right notes, but im resitting F851 and F852 from last year but my teacher from last year only taught us parties, pressure groups and electoral systems for F851 so I'm trying to find a prediction in hope that I don't run into a bad question.
Original post by Amber_456
Does anyone think the party's question could be on the UK as a multi-party system because on the rise of UKIP/SNP etc? Or is this a long shot..

The last time party systems came up was June 2012 so maybe! Its also pretty topical what with the election being this year. Would be a good question :smile:
Original post by e-g-pb
I'm so so stuck on current examples if anyone has a good list or a few amazing ones i'd be really grateful.

Examples:
Scottish referendum turnout : 84.49% , 55% 'no'
2015 election result: Conservative 12 seat majority/yet only supported by 24% of the population(legitimacy?) /Conservative 'opt in' proposals for TU fees, will hit Labour's funding hard/ referendum promise before 2017/ SNP win 56 out of the 59 seats in Scotland/Turnout was 66.1%, this is an increase of 1% from the 2010 GE
I really think (and hope) there will be a referendum thirty marker. It hasn't been on for a while and with the Scottish referendum in 2014 they would look for a lot of current knowledge.
Also hoping for a party systems question, as that's such a nice question!
Hi, I'm okay for Monday's exam (f851) but if anyone has notes, especially for legislature and executive they're willing to share for the f852 exam on thurs I'd be so grateful as I'm really struggling for that paper. Thanks so much in advance, if someone can send me good notes for Thursday's exam, I'll owe you big time!!
Original post by PoliticsStu
Examples:
Scottish referendum turnout : 84.49% , 55% 'no'
2015 election result: Conservative 12 seat majority/yet only supported by 24% of the population(legitimacy?) /Conservative 'opt in' proposals for TU fees, will hit Labour's funding hard/ referendum promise before 2017/ SNP win 56 out of the 59 seats in Scotland/Turnout was 66.1%, this is an increase of 1% from the 2010 GE

That should be electorate, not population.

Party funding data has also been released for the election if anyone's interested.
Reply 18
Original post by NikolaT
That should be electorate, not population.

Party funding data has also been released for the election if anyone's interested.

Hey, where can I find the funding data?
I hope the question on how pressure groups use the courts to achieve their objectives ****ed you guys as much as it did me!
Only thing on pressure groups I didn't know…

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending