The Student Room Group

Graduated, working in retail, not sure what to do!

Scroll to see replies

Go abroad and teach English in places like China and Thailand it's really hard getting a well payed job as a graduate in this country the previous generations don't seem to want to retire and make space for us
Reply 21
Just keep your job. We need people like you to optimise our retail experience.
Original post by Fifikins
Thank you guys for your responses! I've had some career advice already such as help with CV and covering letters and I'm going to keep a fairly open mind with stuff I'll apply for.

I just really want to know if there's any tips for being more employable in the meantime and also when would be a good idea to start applying again. Should I stick with 6 months? Only trouble is that it could take another 6 months if not longer to get another job. But then again surely if I have a job this time then it's easier to get another? Only trouble with volunteering is that my shifts are right in the middle of the day and I work mon-fri :/

I've tried recruitment agencies and tbh I didn't find them all that helpful, all they did was just take my CV then I never hear from them again :/ Teaching could be an option but I've never been too sure about it.

Hi, M&S Careers Team here!
Have you tried asking for extra hours at River Island to help earn some extra money? If further hours are available this may make sticking it out for 6 months a bit more realistic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending