The Student Room Group

English Literature Wider reading

Hi there,

I have my AS English Literature exam coming up very soon, however I stupidly have not bothered with any wider reading. Can anyone suggest some short cuts ie specific quotes to learn or non-fictional characters to call upon? It is based around world war one literature, also if there are any short books anyone could recommend that would be great!

Thanks Guys
Original post by Matt097
Hi there,

I have my AS English Literature exam coming up very soon, however I stupidly have not bothered with any wider reading. Can anyone suggest some short cuts ie specific quotes to learn or non-fictional characters to call upon? It is based around world war one literature, also if there are any short books anyone could recommend that would be great!

Thanks Guys

No one is going to help you.

This is what you get for not doing your work!!

It's a year-long process and you choose now of all periods in the year to decide to get quotes?!
Reply 2
To be honest, I've been more focused on the subjects I have a passion for, and incase you feel the need to question why I took English it is down to the fact my college requires me to take four A-levels.

But hey,

Thanks for your unhelpful opinion.
Original post by Matt097
To be honest, I've been more focused on the subjects I have a passion for, and incase you feel the need to question why I took English it is down to the fact my college requires me to take four A-levels.

But hey,

Thanks for your unhelpful opinion.

You simply asked an unhelpful question...

I would have given you a constructive answer if you phrased your question better.

Well perhaps, you should have taken a different fourth subject then!
Just spend an hour or two on google and remember a few things to say and then manufacture some line of logic in your essays to allow you to put them in.

Quick Reply

Latest