The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What realistic chances do i have of getting into Warwick for PPE

Hello, I am currently studying my A levels and am in year 12, aged 17. Alongside my education, i set up and run my own organisation campaigning for peace human rights, justice and education around the world. For this, i have also visited Auschwitz in the past 2 months. I have gained international recognition for this work, have been nominated for the international children peace prize 2015 award. I have also been invited to 10 downing street recently by the Prime minister at a reception. A few months ago, i was also invited to address the house of lords, where i addressed all he lords. I am leading a campaign now to build a few schools and provide education to those who are unfortunate around the world. So far, i have gained letters of support from 25 MP's and many government ministers. You can view more about my work on our website: Movementforpeaceglobal.org.

As well as my work through activism, i have terrible GCSE grades, i got 2A's and 5 C's, A's only in IT and urdu. At AS, i am studying IT, Urdu, Applied science and business studies. I think that i may get BBBC or BBCC a AS level. I have had a child long dream to get into Warwick university to study PPE as i have immense passion for that subject. Would Warwick take a look at my work and leadership away from my academics and consider me for PPE. What are my actual chances of getting into PPE at Warwick? Would it be worth me applying to Warwick? What are the minimum grades that i must achieve at As level or A level to make sure that i get a firm offer from Warwick? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by suhofficial
Hello, I am currently studying my A levels and am in year 12, aged 17. Alongside my education, i set up and run my own organisation campaigning for peace human rights, justice and education around the world. For this, i have also visited Auschwitz in the past 2 months. I have gained international recognition for this work, have been nominated for the international children peace prize 2015 award. I have also been invited to 10 downing street recently by the Prime minister at a reception. A few months ago, i was also invited to address the house of lords, where i addressed all he lords. I am leading a campaign now to build a few schools and provide education to those who are unfortunate around the world. So far, i have gained letters of support from 25 MP's and many government ministers. You can view more about my work on our website: Movementforpeaceglobal.org.

As well as my work through activism, i have terrible GCSE grades, i got 2A's and 5 C's, A's only in IT and urdu. At AS, i am studying IT, Urdu, Applied science and business studies. I think that i may get BBBC or BBCC a AS level. I have had a child long dream to get into Warwick university to study PPE as i have immense passion for that subject. Would Warwick take a look at my work and leadership away from my academics and consider me for PPE. What are my actual chances of getting into PPE at Warwick? Would it be worth me applying to Warwick? What are the minimum grades that i must achieve at As level or A level to make sure that i get a firm offer from Warwick? Thank you.

You sound like an absolutely amazing individual and tbh I would give Oxford a shot if I were you! All these experiences alone will make your Oxford interview amazing and I'm sure they would reduce their grades for you due to any university wanting to have an individual like you who will strengthen their brand image. Work hard and the world will continue to be your oyster!

Ok back to Warwick, I would say that you might slightly be at a disadvantage however if I were you I would apply for a course like Politics or Politics and Sociology and then once you get an offer ask to change your course. In terms of extra curricular you're there but warwick is a highly academically regarded institute and therefore you should be aiming for A*AA-AAB at A2. I got AACC at AS but it's not my school policy to allow us to tell unis our AS Grades so if I were you try to do the same and convince your teachers for high predicted grades. Unis won't really look at your GCSE's I got 1 A* 2 A's 5 B's and D if it's anything to go by. All the best and congrats on your achievements so far
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Don't listen to the poster above, you have very little chance.

Warwick is a well respected academic university not a charity case I'm afraid.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's great what you've been doing extra-curricular-wise. But I don't think you've got much of a chance to be honest, going by your grades and also your AS subject choices, which aren't particularly relevant to PPE. Something like History and Maths would serve you better to be honest, maybe one of Philosophy, Politics or Economics too.
Reply 4
Original post by gr8wizard10
Don't listen to the poster above, you have very little chance.

Warwick is a well respected academic university not a charity case I'm afraid.

aw be nice, give the guy some hope
Original post by Age
aw be nice, give the guy some hope

you're selling dreams which isn't particularly useful to OP
Reply 6
Original post by gr8wizard10
you're selling dreams which isn't particularly useful to OP

I just think that if its not the schools policy to certificate AS results and the OP has predicted grades on the offer level he will receive an offer. GCSE's are not taking into consideration nor are AS results if not stated. However, it is down to the OP to work hard and achieve his offer but he is definitely in for a chance if his PS explains the reasoning behind his subject choices and why the change towards PPE

Quick Reply

Latest