The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HI, ur held in a room with everyone plus parents then usually 2 members of staff or vets interview you individually in about three seperate rooms to get everybody done quick, they just want to see you're normal , ask ur opinion on profession, poss issues etc and EMS. no indepth science or anything difficult required. it has been known to just discuss the footy for 30 mins!
Reply 2
liverpool! damn! thats my fav uni too!!! i really really hope ive got one from them, i will be waiting for the postman everyday now!!! well done xx
Reply 3
that would sound good! My letter talks about different stations?! will each one have a different theme? any clues you can give me?!!
Reply 4
its changed now leggielass! our year was the first year with the new format

Basically your in a big hall, with nine (i think) manybe "stations". A station is basically a desk with an interviewer sitting there lol You have seven five minute sessions so one at each station. Each interviewer will ask you different things.

They do this so that there no danger of soneone taking a dislike to someone and thus a suitable contact is denied a place so each person is interviewed by seven people. The way ive described it makes it sound really daunting its not at all it was definitely my most enjoyable interview

GOOD LUCK:biggrin: I may come and say hi lol though i doubt as i'll be in middle of exams lol
Reply 5
thanks lucy! Im more excited and nervous about liverpool because its the one I rlllllllly wana go 2! It sounds like a good idea having the stations...one of my interviewers at bristol glared at me for 20 mins wich was very off putting! Im very jelous of you being in the vet skool! I got to Archbishop Blanch (at the top of "the hill") and always see all u vetties walkin around in the hoodies thinking that better be me soon!!! oooo bad 1! good luck! Are the interviewers meant to be dead friendly....ive heard on the grapevine that they are? Is there anything inparticular that they like to ask about azwell?!! thank youuuuu x x x x
Reply 6
hehe im wearing my vet hoodie right now lol i love it:p:

yeah they were really friendly, though with one i wasnt sure what he was asking and messed up that station but the good thing about the system at liverpool is it doesnt matter if you mess up at one station if you do well at all the others:smile:

errr well it would be good to know the five freedoms, and role of RVC, maybe read up on ethical issues apart from that not really, its not a technical or scientific interview at all:wink:
Reply 7
haha im jelous! Im liking the sound of this interview compared to the others but il reserve judgement for when ive actually had it! are they one of the unis that leave you hanging about offers/rejections for ages or are they quick to put you out of your misery(i no im jumping the gun bu i like to be clued up!) good luck with the exams anyways an merry christmas!! x x
Reply 8
dont worry you hear really soon, i got my offer the next day:biggrin:

thanks im going to need A LOT of luck the way revision is going at the moment lol

merry christmas and good luck:wink:
Reply 9
IVE GOT MINE ON THE 17Th as WELL SEE YOU THERE!

Im Aaron Btw, not sure what ill be wearing or if indeed well be there at the same time. Mine starts at 12 noon.

IM SO EXCITED. Now its that one hard question, "why do you want to be a vet" I know why but how do I put this accross correctly. AHHHHH BAHHHH GAHHHH. Im really gonna enjoy this interview type I Think!
Reply 10
yay! liverpool rocks!!!!! Might see you as im coming out.....hopefully il have a smile on my face because it went well! I no its the worst question.....you know you want to be a vet but puttin it into words is very difficult! With the interview in the middle of exams its guna be hard finding time 2!
Reply 11
xxxLucyxxx
and role of RVC,

do u mean RCVS? or is that somethin else? merry christmas 2 u all x
Reply 12
argh im always doing that, yes i do mean RCVS sorry lol:biggrin:
everyone's seems to be on the 17th jan

i've got mine on the 24th... anyone else? :smile:
Reply 14
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH Ive heard nothing!!!!!!!! So frustrating!!!
Reply 15
I haven't heard anything from Liverpool post receiving a letter to say they'd received my work experience form, I reeeaaaallllyyy want to go there, I loved the open day at the uni, the people and the city aswell (I've also heard the nightlife is top notch!) This waiting game is so stressful especially combined with exams in the next few weeks! :frown:
Reply 16
chloe- i can confirm the night life is FAB:smile: Dont wurry if ya havent heard they only give about 2 weeks notice....plus youre interviews will be at a better time....mines RIGHT in the middle of exams!
Reply 17
Lol yeh i noticed! The 17th is the day of my physics exam!!! oh what fun that will be!!!
Reply 18
ooo physics is a bad 1! i did that at as and dropped it i hated it with a passion lol ive got a maths exam the day b4 and 1 the day after....not 2 bad i suppose! Good luck everyone!:smile:
Reply 19
No i cant say i have! il av2 try tho wer is it?! Im a garlands girl!:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending