The Student Room Group

Do most unis accept GCSE resits?

Say if they're done at the age of 22 and I want to do Medicine? I'd rather not to foundation, but I'll probably play safe and do that since I've had a really big gap from education. (Only gone through GCSEs, never started any A-level).
(edited 8 years ago)
You should probably do higher if you want to go into medicine. They're not as important as A-Levels of course but some universities, especially in a competitive field such as medicine, will look at the results if you get the same A-levels as another highly competitive candidate.

I'm not sure about re-sits and universities though.
Reply 2
Original post by neil20143
You should probably do higher if you want to go into medicine. They're not as important as A-Levels of course but some universities, especially in a competitive field such as medicine, will look at the results if you get the same A-levels as another highly competitive candidate.

I'm not sure about re-sits and universities though.

Will definitely do that, since the odds are against me. Thank you :smile: I've emailed the universities I'm just really impatient ha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pignut
Will definitely do that, since the odds are against me. Thank you :smile: I've emailed the universities I'm just really impatient ha.

If you decide to re-sit them I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile: GCSEs are only a remembrance game after all! ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest