The Student Room Group

Would you date a vegan?

If he/she didn't push their beliefs on you, would you be willing to date them? And what if they *did* try to convert you??

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I disagree with veganism but I don't mind it if others are part of that. If she did try to make me into a vegan I'd present my side of the argument, if she continued to try and convert me I'd ditch her. I don't mind some good discussion but I wouldn't want someone always trying to change me. Also, chances are that I'd be much too morally grey for a vegan to want to date. Vegans believe that all animals should live, I don't even believe that all humans should deserve to live..
Probably yeah - if they don't criticize everything I do.
to each their own, if they didn't push their beliefs at all and let me eat meat in front of them without acting like a dick, it'd be cool. i'd definitely be up for trying some of their meals and letting them pick places to eat etc but I wouldn't let them convert me
I go out with a veggie and i don't have an issue with It. I sometimes have to share a bean wrap at nandos when we want something small and whilst I'd prefer chicken, it doesn't get in the way and I would never impose eating beliefs onto her
Reply 5
If I really loved them then surely I'd be able to to overlook it. Each to their own end of the day and if she's a vegan then she can do what she likes.
not unless either I or they were willing to change..

Having a couple with different eating habbits just seems like a pain in the long run.

Sure its fine when you are dating and are young.. and I imagine that is the stage of relationships most people on this site are in, being young and all..

but when you come to the stage where you are living together, and eating every evening meal together? its going to be a pain.. and then kids, who gets to decide what they eat? etc.

I mean me and my wife split the cooking and do a good amount each, but I would find it a real pain to have to come home from work, and then cook either 2 seperate meals.. or have one person not fully satisfied with their food that night
(edited 8 years ago)
Does that mean they won't eat pussy?:eek:
Don't see why not, they gotta accept the fact that I eat steak though :tongue:
no because he'd make me feel fat:tongue:
I'd give it a go, after all, I'v already Vegetarian, so could be worse
Err...probably wouldn't be a deal breaker but I just find it to be weird and unnecessary.
if they didnt tell me off for like bacon so much then i wouldnt be bothered:smile:
Reply 13
You should date a megan, thats someone who only eats meat.
Hmm nah personally no. It would be very hard because i would like to share my love for food with my partner that involves everything a vegan do not eat.:s-smilie:
Reply 15
Yes. There is much more to a person than what they eat. As long as you are attracted to them, click, have mutual interests (and more importantly compatible values) then what does it matter?

My partner likes to add purple highlights to her hair every once in a while. It is not at all to my taste and I do not like it. I told her that it is not my cup of tea, but at the same time made it clear that she is free to dye her hair whatever colour she wishes and that I do not think it is my place to say yes or no.

As long as neither one of you do not cross certain red lines, why does it matter?

Now if she tried to push her veganism on me, I would tell her I am not interested. If she persists, it would not work. Similar to how I respect her choices, I would expect her to respect mine.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why the hell wouldnt I lol, there are some deliciouse vegan dishes out there that I would choose and have chosen over meat dishes
And i highly doubt they'd persuade me From changing lol na i love my chicken way too much
If they were a vegan but didn't try to convert me or anything (though I'd be up for healthy discussions) then it wouldn't be a barrier in of itself. I love lots of food vegans don't eat so I would probably find it pretty hard to adapt my eating habits around them but if I really liked them then I would probably make the effort. However, I would question whether we would share enough of the same outlook on life/moral views to be all that compatible in the long run...
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
If he/she didn't push their beliefs on you, would you be willing to date them? And what if they *did* try to convert you??

Yes. I think it would open my eyes to some very interesting meals. As long as they were still fit, healthy and let me have the occasional non-vegan thing I wouldn't mind in the slightest.
I would as long as she didn't mind cooking a meat meal for me once in a while. If she tried to convert me I would just be like "no :hand:".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending