The Student Room Group

Advice Needed - Stuck with poor A-levels

Hello Friends

Shockingly got 3 straight E's in A-levels last year. After a gap year with much frustration, I'm really clueless if I should have re-sat my A-levels OR should I do SATs now ( few of my teachers recommend so).

I always wished for Science based course but now I'm afraid that I've lost due to poor A-levels. Will I even have an university life? My Family including my teachers couldn't believe my A-level grades. My teachers predicted grades were A B B.

Any suggestions to get out of the blue ?
Thanks for reading !
(edited 6 years ago)
I got BEE in my alevels have done a foundation degree and am now go onto nursing(what i always wanted to do)

have you considered doing a foundation year or access course or something similar?
what is it you d ideally like to study at uni?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
what is it you d ideally like to study at uni?:smile:

I appreciate your reply, Thanks a
bunch !!
Foundation year seems to open doors.
I wanted to apply for Medicals but now its impossible with such low grades :frown: so maybe will try for other Science courses. Lets see what happens. What do say about SATs ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSR member
I appreciate your reply, Thanks a
bunch !!
I wanted to apply for Medicals but now its impossible with such low grades :frown: so maybe will try for other Science courses. Lets see what happens. What do say about SATs ?

SAT's as in the american university entrance exams?
i dont know anything about them i'm afraid :frown:
you could always do a science degree and then do graduate medicine but thats my only idea i m afraid
Reply 5
SAT's as in the american university entrance exams?
i dont know anything about them i'm afraid :frown:
you could always do a science degree and then do graduate medicine but thats my only idea i m afraid

A Science degree as in ?

Yea, I definitely understand medicals isn't a joke neither easy to get selected even with good grades at times since there's huge competition always so most probably will consider checking other courses.
A Science degree as in ?

Yea, I definitely understand medicals isn't a joke neither easy to get selected even with good grades at times since there's huge competition always so most probably will consider checking other courses.

i d speak to the medicine forum to ask which subjects would be best, maybe something like biomed or biological related i ve heard of people doing before graduate medicine
Reply 7
i d speak to the medicine forum to ask which subjects would be best, maybe something like biomed or biological related i ve heard of people doing before graduate medicine

God Bless you !! You have no idea how good you have made me feel. Thanks again (Y)
God Bless you !! You have no idea how good you have made me feel. Thanks again (Y)

no problem:smile: best of luck for the future :smile:
Hello Friends

Shockingly got 3 straight E's in Bio, Chem & Physics A-levels last year. After a gap year with much frustration, I'm really clueless if I should have re-sat my A-levels OR should I do SATs now ( few of my teachers recommend so).

I always wished for Science based course but now I'm afraid that I've lost due to poor A-levels. Will I even have an university life? My Family including my teachers couldn't believe my A-level grades. My teachers predicted grades were A B B.
I'm an average student though (IGCSE was 1 A* , 2 A's and 4 B's. )

Any suggestions to get out of the blue ?
Thanks for reading !

Resit them or Foundation Year, either way will be of benefit for you. :smile:

Unsure about SATs/American system but if you plan on going to uni in America that would be the same as resitting A-Levels I guess so up to you.
Reply 10
Original post by yellowcopter
Resit them or Foundation Year, either way will be of benefit for you. :smile:

Unsure about SATs/American system but if you plan on going to uni in America that would be the same as resitting A-Levels I guess so up to you.

Thanks for the great info. (Y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending