The Student Room Group

what do you think of white people

honest opinion like them or dislike them?

Scroll to see replies

TSR is **** @ early morns & late nights :facepalm2:
Reply 2
Idk, but I think people who try to judge an entire group of white people simply because white people used* to judge an entire group of black people are no better themselves and absolute scum :smile:.

*Obviously there are still cases of racism against non-white people, but nowhere near on a scale like before.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
How can you judge an entire race like that? I'll get on with some white people and not with others...

You're not white? :lolwut:
1. Replace the word 'white' with 'black'
2. Realise what a stupid question this is
I am...

Then I don't think the ques is suited for you? But ok, b/c you do strike me as white>>you seem all atheistically into science :h:
Can white people not say how they find other white people? :lol:

Don't laugh. And it's counterproductive if you do. It's like a director putting out a film and then we read reviews and they're all from the director.

That would be stupid.
Reply 7
Strange
People with white skin?
White people are people. They are human beings and thus I have no pre-conceived notion of how they will behave and to what stereotypes they will fit.

I'm Arabian.
Like any other race, some are dicks, but the vast majority are perfectly fine. What is the need for this thread? :confused:
Reply 13
They're fine. Move on.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Then I don't think the ques is suited for you? But ok, b/c you do strike me as white>>you seem all atheistically into science :h:

What does "atheistically into science" mean? Thats just an "athiest".

Everyone, bar none, is "into" science, as by definition it is the study of the physical and natural world through experiment and observation. Humans instinctively do this, even if it is simple as, say, identifying a failing component of their car by testing them one by one.
This is a strange question.
but heck I'll answer.

heya :] I'll start by saying I'm an what western people would classify as "South Asian" (Sri Lankan).
This whole question seems misleading in the sense that, how can one like a white person without engaging in conversation with them first?
i have had many white friends (and black and asain) and some can be quite interested in our culture... Which I don't mind, even though it is slightly out dated.
But, I do find their culture slightly strange.
i was born and raised in London, so im surrounded by culture and food. :3
but maybe it's just me, but I find it weird that many of my white friends would go out to a pub everyday. Why not just go to a restaurant or buy a take out with some alcohol?
but then again, I'm sure they don't understand my culture.

but All in all, I don't mind them.
if they're civil towards me. I am to them.
just like if they were purple or green skinned. Simple really...

^,^
They roast in the sun far too easily.

Other than that, I prefer to judge them as individuals.
Original post by swagyolo420

I'm laughing but a black man named Magic Johnson owns it :O

Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
What does "atheistically into science" mean? Thats just an "athiest".

Everyone, bar none, is "into" science, as by definition it is the study of the physical and natural world through experiment and observation. Humans instinctively do this, even if it is simple as, say, identifying a failing component of their car by testing them one by one.

No. Spiritual people don't avoid science, as science is a practical, pragmatic discipline & fundamental to modern education, so there's no way of avoiding it. However, atheists avoid spiritual practices, much less the subject of spirituality. So when I say atheistically into science, I mean...just that. His posts are very atheistic, and he also is always discussing some scientific theory since I've come across him. Thus, he is "into" science. I learn it for educational purposes, but the Crown guy comes across as some avid science student, maybe even professor. (&You can very so be spiritually into science; eg: astrology. :h:)
Reply 18
I like white people. Overall, generally nice people. Most of my friends are white so they must be doing something right.

On the other hand, I don't really feel I can have s genuine laugh with some of them. They have a reserved sense of humour that I can't relate to when talking to them. That's annoying. Whereas, I feel I can be myself a bit more with my non-White friends.
(edited 8 years ago)
How is it counterproductive? Every white person is different so I can say what I think of them just as much as the next person. I have no vested interest in bigging up all white people simply because we share the same skin colour...

The OP (dumb as it is) is asking for a general view on a general group. So in that regard, your critique of each white individual is out of place :s-smilie:

Well in that case you are selling out. See how there's no good of being white and critiquing the same race. There's actually no good of the OP at all actually :colonhash:

Not true, plenty of atheists are into spiritual practices, Buddhism itself is essentially an atheistic religion. Moreover, I'm not an atheist, but you're correct about the science student part, I'm a third year chemistry undergraduate. Why would you think I was a professor? I hope I don't come across as that old :laugh:

Buddhism looks up to Siddhartha as an idol. Isn't that sort of monotheistic?

Aha! You're a science student!! I knew it :jive:

Quick Reply

Latest