The Student Room Group

got 21k coming my way

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael P
am gonna invest 15k of it.. but my mom is gonna take 5k from me cos she wants to go on holiday.. nothing i can do about that cos money is in her name...

It's your money. Your mother isn't entitled to it, as far as I'm aware anyway.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
21k can buy at least 2 nights at Atlantis in Dubai, he could rent a supercar as well... its a lot of cash tbh depending on how he spends it

That would be such a waste of money, especially since OP said he was "before poor". Investing it would be the smartest option.
Reply 22
Original post by EatAndRevise

legally she aint no cos my uncle had it put in my name... but my mom got some debt that she wants paying... yeah sure this is not my problem u might ask, but it is my problem cos i live with her and she cries to me all time sayin that she spends too much on her card cos she wants family to be happy...
legally she aint no cos my uncle had it put in my name... but my mom got some debt that she wants paying... yeah sure this is not my problem u might ask, but it is my problem cos i live with her and she cries to me all time sayin that she spends too much on her card cos she wants family to be happy...

How much debt?

It's not your fault that she spends too much on her card, therefore you don't owe her any of the money that you have been given. That money could help you get through university.
Looks like a deposit for a mortgage to me...if you live in the north.
Reply 25

btw do not talk down to me cos i have a better face than u do ... so just listen to lilly allen and she tell u change ur face or u end up on ur own.. an eye for an eye my... u insult me i insult u, is how the word words my friend.
btw do not talk down to me cos i have a better face than u do ... so just listen to lilly allen and she tell u change ur face or u end up on ur own.. an eye for an eye my... u insult me i insult u, is how the word words my friend.

What?
Reply 27
How much debt?

It's not your fault that she spends too much on her card, therefore you don't owe her any of the money that you have been given. That money could help you get through university.

u say i cant spell now u think i to go uni.. ok man... did u just think u were replying to someone else for a moment ... or did u reply to wrong thread lawl

dont want uni.. cant be bothered
u say i cant spell now u think i to go uni.

I didn't say you go to university. If you planned to go to university, 21k could help with paying the fees.

dont want uni.. cant be bothered

Ok..

Before it was holiday, now it's debt?

Trolololol.
Original post by TurboCretin

Trolololol.

I don't think he is trolling....

Reply 31
Original post by TurboCretin

Trolololol.

haha naaa... the lady had booked the holiday last year... but now that i have the money she wants me to pay all her holiday off in one go... if i dont, see says that her debt will get worse...
Reply 32
21k is not exactly a substantial amount of money to be left for inheritance. You wouldn't be able to buy a fast car with it.

"showing off" wouldn't exactly be the correct term to use.

You can buy many fast cars with this amount of money, its just the maintenance/insurance that's going to be a bugger ;P
I don't think he is trolling....

Hmm. Well I pointed out several loose ends in what he's been saying on the last page and he hasn't responded despite responding to others.

On balance, I'm calling troll.
Reply 34
Enjoy your money but don't do anything stupid like blow it at the strip club
Original post by db_F40
You can buy many fast cars with this amount of money, its just the maintenance/insurance that's going to be a bugger ;P

No you can't...

21k = 21,000.

The most 'lavish' car that one could buy would be a Mercedes A-class (£20,715). That is without adding anything to the car.
Original post by al_94
Enjoy your money but don't do anything stupid like blow it at the strip club

21k at a strip club :eek:
No you can't...

21k = 21,000.

The most 'lavish' car that one could buy would be a Mercedes A-class (£20,715). That is without adding anything to the car.

he could buy a second hand range rover vogue/sport with that money though (2009 model)
Reply 38
No you can't...

21k = 21,000.

I know what 21k is....

And you can get fast cars for 21k if not less ._.
Original post by db_F40
I know what 21k is....

And you can get fast cars for 21k if not less ._.

That depends what you define 'fast' as.

Quick Reply

Latest