The Student Room Group

Confused about University Offer

I've got an offer for medicine for AAA with an A in Chemistry + an A in an AS Subject.

Having got 4As at AS, I took all 4 subjects to A2 however does this mean that I now have to get an A in my 4th subject at A2 because I carried it on or do I already have that AS?

I've emailed the university but I'm just getting worried because I have my first exam on Wednesday (my 4th subject) which I'm not prepared for at all :/
You've already got the A in the 4th AS so you wouldn't need it for A2, although you should probably aim for it bc you're obviously capable enough to achieve it.
Original post by radhikagulati
I've got an offer for medicine for AAA with an A in Chemistry + an A in an AS Subject.

Having got 4As at AS, I took all 4 subjects to A2 however does this mean that I now have to get an A in my 4th subject at A2 because I carried it on or do I already have that AS?

I've emailed the university but I'm just getting worried because I have my first exam on Wednesday (my 4th subject) which I'm not prepared for at all :/

Unless your fourth subject in mind is maths and/or further maths then you're fine. Your AS grade for other subjects cannot be lowered whereas for maths it can be different. It will depend on what modules you use to make up your AS and then A2 particularly if you do both. I know that some people made their modules into an A grade for maths A2 overall but this was sacrificing their A grade at AS further maths pulling it down to a B. So this all depends on the combination for maths that you do - compacted but it's the only way I see that you wouldn't be able to meet the offer of having an A at AS. Of course, this isn't me saying that you can't make 4 A grades + at the end of this year :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Crystalclearmagic
Unless your fourth subject in mind is maths and/or further maths then you're fine. Your AS grade for other subjects cannot be lowered whereas for maths it can be different. It will depend on what modules you use to make up your AS and then A2 particularly if you do both. I know that some people made their modules into an A grade for maths A2 overall but this was sacrificing their A grade at AS further maths pulling it down to a B. So this all depends on the combination for maths that you do - compacted but it's the only way I see that you wouldn't be able to meet the offer of having an A at AS. Of course, this isn't me saying that you can't make 4 A grades + at the end of this year :smile: good luck!
Posted from TSR Mobile

You really didn't have to overcomplicate things:laugh:. OP asked if he didn't get an A in A2 (4th subject) if it would affect the conditions of the offer. It won't as it only asks for an A at AS (4th subject) which he clearly has. As long as he gets AAA at A2 then there's no problem. Easy, simple, done.
Original post by Crystalclearmagic

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Spanish but thanks for the advice :smile: x

Original post by scrunkie
You really didn't have to overcomplicate things:laugh:. OP asked if he didn't get an A in A2 (4th subject) if it would affect the conditions of the offer. It won't as it only asks for an A at AS (4th subject) which he clearly has. As long as he gets AAA at A2 then there's no problem. Easy, simple, done.

Thank you!
Original post by scrunkie

It's Spanish for OP so it's ok.

But if you take maths and further maths you can end up with AAAA at AS in year 12 but by year 13 it could be AAAb for the A level overall therefore OP would miss the offer. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest