The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language Exam

I was wondering how many marks out of 50 would I need to get on the exam to get an 'A' overall for English Language.

I don't know the exact marks but I have achieved a 'B+' for my coursework and a 'B' in speaking and listening so, roughly, what is the minimum mark would I have to get in the exam to get an A overall? In past papers I've been getting from 29-36 marks overall out of 50 which I think is a B or A.

I'll be fine with a B overall but I really really really want an A!

Thank you so much, my exam is tomorrow!
Original post by rubytuesday98
I was wondering how many marks out of 50 would I need to get on the exam to get an 'A' overall for English Language.

I don't know the exact marks but I have achieved a 'B+' for my coursework and a 'B' in speaking and listening so, roughly, what is the minimum mark would I have to get in the exam to get an A overall? In past papers I've been getting from 29-36 marks overall out of 50 which I think is a B or A.

I'll be fine with a B overall but I really really really want an A!

Thank you so much, my exam is tomorrow!

For an A* roughly 46/50
A=42/50
B=37/50
These are just rough grade boundaries, will change for the real exam.
Good luck!
Original post by jakesidhu
For an A* roughly 46/50
A=42/50
B=37/50
These are just rough grade boundaries, will change for the real exam.
Good luck!

Thank you!

So with my grades for coursework and speaking/listening, how many marks roughly would I need to get an A on the exam?

Would I need to try and get an A* on the exam to score an A? Or if I were to get 37 out of the 50 marks, would I get an A?

Thank you so much for your time :smile:
I'd guess (only guessing) that you'd need about 40-45/50 to get an A overall, but your coursework marks might get moderated up or down.
Reply 4
Thank you!

So with my grades for coursework and speaking/listening, how many marks roughly would I need to get an A on the exam?

Would I need to try and get an A* on the exam to score an A? Or if I were to get 37 out of the 50 marks, would I get an A?

Thank you so much for your time :smile:

hey, my teacher told me that i needed roughly 35-38 marks to get an A/A* as my coursework is all at A/A* so im guessing you should be looking somewhere in the low-mid 40's
Reply 5
If I get a b overall I will be so happy but if I get a c that will be fine.
Original post by jakesidhu
I'd guess (only guessing) that you'd need about 40-45/50 to get an A overall, but your coursework marks might get moderated up or down.

Oh I see, thank you! Really hoping for an A though, I feel today went quite well though so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by MJ15
hey, my teacher told me that i needed roughly 35-38 marks to get an A/A* as my coursework is all at A/A* so im guessing you should be looking somewhere in the low-mid 40's

Okay thank you so much, guess we'll just have to wait until the results!
Okay thank you so much, guess we'll just have to wait until the results!

Sooo long, till August, I think I got an A (not entirely sure), but I cannot tell whether it could've been an A*. Sucks we have to wait three months; I guess it helps us forget :tongue:
Original post by Turtlebunny
Sooo long, till August, I think I got an A (not entirely sure), but I cannot tell whether it could've been an A*. Sucks we have to wait three months; I guess it helps us forget :tongue:

Yes same! I've been getting A/A* across all of my mocks and I feel as if this went better than all of them so feeling pretty happy about that:-)

But it is sooooooo long but ah well, best to focus on all of our next upcoming exams this month, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest