The Student Room Group

#FeministsAreUgly

What do you think of this hashtag?

It started around a year ago but recently surfaced I believe.

There are always going to be unattractive and attractive members of a collective but regarding all the feminists I have seen/talked to, the vast majority are....aesthetically unattractive. Its probably also to do with the fact that their behaviour towards topics makes them seen even uglier than before

Your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not true, I believe myself to be very aesthetically pleasing :biggrin:
I think this has resurfaced due to the recent popularity of #HAES and #effyourbeautystandards where there's an influx of fat and obese people posting pictures of their disgusting bodies and rallying around Tess Munster, claiming they're 'beautiful' and 'healthy'.

This view is obviously repulsive, anti-fact and really quite dangerous, and it's peoples disgust of these people that caused the hashtag to resurface.
Most feminists do not take care of themselves (waxing/ make up) because they think this way they are being objectified by men and this kind of BS. They are not uglier than other women just less groomed I suppose
(edited 8 years ago)
On ur second point I would like to state that 'everyone who has a strong opinion is therefore unattractive'.

On ur first point, If you recognise that there is variation within a collective, then surely you must recognise that some feminists are not all that 'radical', some are louder than others and some hold different views on what makes them a feminist or not.
lies

all lies
Yeah why not. They're also ridiculous and will never achieve women supremacy
She's a feminist:

As is she:

I don't know what kind of people you've met, but this idea of yours is COMPLETELY wrong.
Reply 8
I'm not that bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Op is right, Betty Friedan was a Feminist and looks like a uglier version of Stephen Fry.:yes:

[h="3"]Betty Friedan[/h]Was a Feminist The Feminine Mystique in 1963, which is often credited for sparking the second wave of feminism that began in the '60s and '70s. Friedan spent her life working to establish women’s equality,
Reply 10
Feminists do wear make up, they just do it for themselves, not to please men.
Does that mean that their physical characteristics are ugly or their attitude/behaviour?
Original post by ni909
I'm not that bad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol you are
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol you are

Love u x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Have to agree.
Original post by Kangie
Feminists do wear make up, they just do it for themselves, not to please men.

How can you wear make-up for your self? to admire it on the mirror? When you wear make-up you do to look attractive to others
Not all guys are like this. Honest :sigh:
Reply 17
Original post by theo1jinx
How can you wear make-up for your self? to admire it on the mirror? When you wear make-up you do to look attractive to others

Well the majority of females want to feel confident and wearing make up may make that possible. You don't go about putting on make up thinking 'oh I bet guys will be all over me with make up on' and yes they may want to admire themselves in the mirror.
Original post by theo1jinx

No not everyone. Some people wear makeup to feel good about themselves.
Original post by bittr n swt
Lol you are

No chill

Quick Reply

Latest