The Student Room Group

I love my curves society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
belle_27
Size 8/10 is NOT fat!!!!! I know that it's easy to say and hard to accept, I know I'm not fat but being a size 8 in tops but often a 12 in trousers makes me feel like it. Also, curves are not the be all and end all even though people say curves are good and I do like mine, I wouldn't mind having slightly smaller hips so I could fit into size 10 trousers comfortably. But seriously you shouldn't feel insecure and fat at a size 8/10!!!!!

:p: I know you think I'm probably being ridiculous, but ughhh I hate my figure! Wish I could be thinner and have less fat - especially on my tummy and thighs! I've started exercising a bit already now. :proud: :biggrin: Thanks for trying to console me though! :hugs: You're such a sweetie. :wink:

laudoor
I agree that people should like the fact that they look how they do! However I get SO p***ed off with the media, cuz they go along saying "oh curvy's best blah blah", and then show these celebrities who are 'curvy'. But the fact is that they usually aren't, they're just skinny with big boobs! and that does my head in!

Also, I think when people say thin people look disgusting, it's unfair. Some people can't help looking like that, I have a friend who eats whatever she wants, and she's stick thin! so obviously something she can't help...

haha rant over *smiles* x x x x

I know what you mean! Some girls aren't born with the privilege of having a 'curvy' figure. I think your body type actually comes from genetics. Even if a girl tries to lose some weight (or put on weight), their figure stays the same simply coz of their genetic make up. And these thin people who eat alot but never gain any weight is most likely due to their high metabolic rate. I wish I'm them. *envies* :hmpf:
Reply 181
layla*
:p: I know you think I'm probably being ridiculous, but ughhh I hate my figure! Wish I could be thinner and have less fat - especially on my tummy and thighs! I've started exercising a bit already now. :proud: :biggrin: Thanks for trying to console me though! :hugs: You're such a sweetie. :wink:

I know what you mean! Some girls aren't born with the privilege of having a 'curvy' figure. I think your body type actually comes from genetics. Even if a girl tries to lose some weight (or put on weight), their figure stays the same simply coz of their genetic make up. And these thin people who eat alot but never gain any weight is most likely due to their high metabolic rate. I wish I'm them. *envies* :hmpf:

I agree i am blaming DNA and those pesky chromosomes
Reply 182
cjgbr
I agree i am blaming DNA and those pesky chromosomes

:biggrin: Gotta blame it on something.
Reply 183
layla*
:biggrin: Gotta blame it on something.

Flipping genetics
Reply 184
My Hips Are Massive And Im Only 16 I Cant Get Rid Of Them Plz Privte Me Xx
Reply 185
belle_27
Size 8/10 is NOT fat!!!!! I know that it's easy to say and hard to accept, I know I'm not fat but being a size 8 in tops but often a 12 in trousers makes me feel like it. Also, curves are not the be all and end all even though people say curves are good and I do like mine, I wouldn't mind having slightly smaller hips so I could fit into size 10 trousers comfortably. But seriously you shouldn't feel insecure and fat at a size 8/10!!!!!

I'm similar. I'm smallish up top but bigger at the bottom (size 12). I've got these annoying big birthing hips and my bum is too big :frown: But yeah, I should probably get used to it. :rolleyes: It's difficult finding clothes sometimes because I have to buy ones that fit my hips or chest but hang loose on my waist.
Reply 186
Ok i guess im what you call curvy

Im 14 top
12/14 bottom(different style of clothes different size)

Im planning on toning up but thats about it i dont really want to loose weight

i have big hips(traits from black side i guess)
and big breast
but i love it:biggrin: yes its hard to buy clothes that fit right but just buy a bigger size(like size 16 if your size 14 top) and it flatters you

:biggrin:
Reply 187
i don't like my figure, cuz i can NEVER find stuff 2 wear! I'm a size 8 bottom, but about size 12 top cuz of my stupid chest :frown:. its really crap when buying dresses!
layla*
I still feel fat despite being a size 8/10 and in the healthy BMI range. Amazingly enough, I read through the entire thread and I reckon I don't have well-defined curves unlike most posters on here who have a huge 10 inch difference. This thread is just making me more and more insecure about my body. Ugh, that's it. I think I better start exercising and watch what I eat again.

That is very scary. I'd never have considered myself as fat before reading that post. If you think you're 'fat', I'd probably look like a hippo to you at a size 12. I think I've caught your negative feelings now :frown:
Reply 189
more adventurous
You do realise that it's possible for someone who's a size 8 to be fat without it meaning that everybody above that size is also fat?

It's called height.

surely you realise anybody at a size 8 cannot possibly be fat?
Reply 190
frankiebeeb
That is very scary. I'd never have considered myself as fat before reading that post. If you think you're 'fat', I'd probably look like a hippo to you at a size 12. I think I've caught your negative feelings now :frown:

:eek2: Eeeeeek. I'm sorry you're feeling that way now because of me. 'Twasn't my intention. :hugs: You're not a hippo, lol. It's just that I've gone to a point where I'm starting to become a bit too obsessive about my weight and figure so to speak.
layla*
:eek2: Eeeeeek. I'm sorry you're feeling that way now because of me. 'Twasn't my intention. :hugs: You're not a hippo, lol. It's just that I've gone to a point where I'm starting to become a bit too obsessive about my weight and figure so to speak.

Upsetting people Layla.. tut tut :p:

:security:

ps Curves are great. :love:

:getmecoat
Reply 192
more adventurous
You do realise that it's possible for someone who's a size 8 to be fat without it meaning that everybody above that size is also fat?

It's called height.

ph9
surely you realise anybody at a size 8 cannot possibly be fat?

Whoaaa whoaaa pipe down you two. No need to bicker because of me. Well yes, considering I am very petite, I'm incline to think I should be thinner due to that. Uhhh, perhaps I have a bad influence on this thread. I should just shut up and bugger off.
Reply 193
.Andrew.
Upsetting people Layla.. tut tut :p:

:security:

ps Curves are great. :love:

:frown:

I didn't mean to cause any harm.

I'll keep my mouth shut for a while on this.

:smile:
layla*
:frown:

I didn't mean to cause any harm.

I'll keep my mouth shut for a while on this.

:smile:

Aww :p:

Im sure they didn't take it to heart anyway. Minor mistake. :biggrin:

Anyway..

:getmecoat *again*
Reply 195
iii suppose it depends on the individual most of the time, if not ALL the time right. i mean, i have PLENTY of petite friends, really really mini small people (:biggrin: aww) and they're 8/10s... they're not fat at ALL.

like i said, maybe it's an "individual" thing yep
Reply 196
ph9
iii suppose it depends on the individual most of the time, if not ALL the time right. i mean, i have PLENTY of petite friends, really really mini small people (:biggrin: aww) and they're 8/10s... they're not fat at ALL.

like i said, maybe it's an "individual" thing yep

Perhaps. I blame it on the media, my crappy genes AND my slow metabolism. :p:

.Andrew.
Aww :p:

Im sure they didn't take it to heart anyway. Minor mistake. :biggrin:

Anyway..

:getmecoat *again*

Hope so, coz some people do take things seriously. Me included. :s-smilie:

*follows suit*

.Andrew.
Curves are great. :love:

Yes, yes they are :biggrin:
Reply 198
I'm loosing my curves! I loved them but I've lost weight now and they seem to be disappearing! Don't get me wrong, I wasn't completely happy when I was bigger but I had a bit more shape, but now it feels like they're going :frown:
Reply 199
more adventurous
Even if they're 4'5"?

Hey! Just so you know, I'm not 4'5"! ;no; I'm not a midget.

:creep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending