The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
URGH! I have to shave... and those who know me will know I do not do it often...

But I am such an ugly mess of a creature!! I just don't derive any enjoyment from shaving. And I need a haricut, but that's okay... because I am hot with short hair.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I wish I could grow facial hair, that would be amazing!
Reply 62
Would it REALLY. Ah to swap shoes with ye for a mere while my friend!

I am so horribly beardy.

And when I was younger I always dreamed of having my facial hair follicles surgically removed... ALAS!
Oh it would be fantastic; I'd grow such a beast as to put Beard Team USA to shame!! And once I was bored of that I would grow a little evil genius moustache to twiddle and an evil genius goatee to stroke while scheming.

#beard#
Reply 64
I rarely shave as well, I try to leave it to the last possible minute too.
I don't want to wet shave because I'm worried I'll have millions of cuts on my face :/
Reply 65
elyim
Oh it would be fantastic; I'd grow such a beast as to put Beard Team USA to shame!! And once I was bored of that I would grow a little evil genius moustache to twiddle and an evil genius goatee to stroke while scheming.

#beard#

Haha, beard team USA is awesome. I like the guy far right at the bottom. :biggrin:
His name is Toot! Perfect! For more, click on "gallery" and "international" near the bottom; the Germans really seem to be putting the most effort in!

The world championships are in Brighton in Sept... I'm really quite tempted to go along and witness some major beardage!
Reply 67
paddy
I don't want to wet shave because I'm worried I'll have millions of cuts on my face :/
I only cut myself because I dry shave with a razor... Thus, I hack at my face as if I were trimming a hedge with a kitchen knife.

Someone's bound to get hurt!

Just take it easy, and you'll be fine:biggrin:
Reply 68
paddy

I think you tend to cut yourself more in like the first year of shaving, both because of lack of experience and that your skin just isn't used to it!

Now that I've been shaving a while, I just use regular Boots disposable razors and like Tesco shaving gel (it lasts forever!! well...when you only shave once or twice a week it does!)....and I practically never cut myself.

In fact, the last time I cut myself was kinda stupid, because there was some hair in the razor so I thought I'd "brush" it out with my finger. Result being 3 decently deep cuts on the end of my finger. Very very very stupid thing to do! :redface:
Reply 69
RobbieC
I only cut myself because I dry shave with a razor... Thus, I hack at my face as if I were trimming a hedge with a kitchen knife.

Someone's bound to get hurt!

Just take it easy, and you'll be fine:biggrin:

NO! Don't dry shave!
Reply 70
RobbieC

Are you utterly mental? :eek:
Reply 71
Dry shaving? :eek3:
Reply 72
TKR
Are you utterly mental? :eek:
No... but danger is my middle name.

Could be a coincidence though!

I need some of those freebie mach high numbers, 'lex!:biggrin:
Reply 73
This page of this thread is absolutely hilarious. More people to rep. I love Durhamites.

I like beards! In fact, I'm always telling my boyfriend to grow his but he has to shave every time he's about to see his mother because she doesn't like it and he is afraid of her. *sigh*
Jelkin
This page of this thread is absolutely hilarious. More people to rep. I love Durhamites.

I like beards! In fact, I'm always telling my boyfriend to grow his but he has to shave every time he's about to see his mother because she doesn't like it and he is afraid of her. *sigh*

I started an anti-beard group on Facebook once with one of my friends.
Reply 75
durhamdosser
I started an anti-beard group on Facebook once with one of my friends.
Poor old Robbie. The little bearded boy who nobody loved:frown:
Reply 76
Jelkin

You're one of very few girls (in my experience) that likes beards then! My girlfriend can barely stand me having any facial hair, it's quite annoying since I enjoy growing it a bit then just having to shave once a week, rather than twice a week when I'm with her! :rolleyes:
Reply 77
I last shaved in October. Whoopsie!
Reply 78
RobbieC
I last shaved in October. Whoopsie!

I shaved about 7 times last year, I really don't like doing it!
I'm not shaving/cutting my hair until I go to my job in Argentina in March, which will be the longest time I've gone without a haircut (not since August), should be interesting.
*wonders how a plait would suit him*
dobbs
You're one of very few girls (in my experience) that likes beards then!

Beards are ok as long as they are well-groomed, and not just lazy whizzes of chin fluff or Mr Twit-esque monsters full of peas and cornflakes.