The Student Room Group

Am I going to be sacked?

Hi everyone!

Basically, I have had my part time job at a hotel for a month on a zero hour contract. However, on y shift last night, I was reprimanded for doing a few things wrong, and had a missed call earlier today. However, usually they would leave a message, but this time they did not, so I am worried that they are going to sack me. Is that likely, or is it more likely that they were ringing to see if I could work?

Thanks
Original post by fungirl16
Hi everyone!

Basically, I have had my part time job at a hotel for a month on a zero hour contract. However, on y shift last night, I was reprimanded for doing a few things wrong, and had a missed call earlier today. However, usually they would leave a message, but this time they did not, so I am worried that they are going to sack me. Is that likely, or is it more likely that they were ringing to see if I could work?

Thanks

Normally if you're on a zero hours contract, and your work isn't up to scratch, the company you work for will just stop giving you hours. If you're worried, why not just ring back.

When you say reprimanded, were you given a formal verbal warning? Or were you just told you'd done something wrong in an informal way?

Tbh, ringing them back is probably a better option than stressing about it.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
Normally if you're on a zero hours contract, and your work isn't up to scratch, the company you work for will just stop giving you hours. If you're worried, why not just ring back.

When you say reprimanded, were you given a formal verbal warning? Or were you just told you'd done something wrong in an informal way?

Tbh, ringing them back is probably a better option than stressing about it.

Can't ring them back now because the person who I would have to talk to only works certain hours, and I Do not know when he is next at work. I was reprimanded for doing things incorrectly but it wasn't harsh, but it was only my third shift.
Original post by fungirl16
Can't ring them back now because the person who I would have to talk to only works certain hours, and I Do not know when he is next at work. I was reprimanded for doing things incorrectly but it wasn't harsh, but it was only my third shift.

It's unlikely you'll be sacked for that.

Do you have an employee handbook that outlines their disciplinary procedures?
depends what you did wrong... unless it was serious I doubt they are going to sack you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending