The Student Room Group

Falling for a colleague but he's not single

In the last 6 months I have developed feelings for a work colleague. He is 7 years older than me. He makes me laugh and smile every shift, looks after me when I'm not feeling 100% and often buys me little food treats. We flirt here and there and people have commented at work about our 'friendship'. We text each other often and I give him lifts home as much as I can.
However he's in a relationship already and has been for quiet a few years. Its been on the rocks for the last couple of months and he has told me he feels down about it. But he is loyal to her. But I can't control my feelings for him. If he isn't in work I genuinely feel a bit down.

WHAT DO I DO???

Scroll to see replies

Don't take it any further. He is in a relationship..
Reply 2
Original post by EatAndRevise
Don't take it any further. He is in a relationship..

I wouldn't dare participate in some sort of an affair but I feel like I should at least say something to him
Reply 3
Alls fair in love and war.. POUNCE
Reply 4
Play your cards well
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
In the last 6 months I have developed feelings for a work colleague. He is 7 years older than me. He makes me laugh and smile every shift, looks after me when I'm not feeling 100% and often buys me little food treats. We flirt here and there and people have commented at work about our 'friendship'. We text each other often and I give him lifts home as much as I can.
However he's in a relationship already and has been for quiet a few years. Its been on the rocks for the last couple of months and he has told me he feels down about it. But he is loyal to her. But I can't control my feelings for him. If he isn't in work I genuinely feel a bit down.

WHAT DO I DO???

Men cheat, if you're fine like 10/10 then he won't mind cheating, a one night stand won't hurt anyone.

You should do it, throw yourself at him and see how he reciprocates.

WHAT DO I DO???

Err nothing? He isn't available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by KeriKG
Play your cards well

Tips? Do I say something or nah?
Reply 8
Original post by Maradiah
Men cheat, if you're fine like 10/10 then he won't mind cheating, a one night stand won't hurt anyone.

You should do it, throw yourself at him and see how he reciprocates.

How's best to 'throw myself at him'? without looking desperate and well creepy

WHAT DO I DO???

Please empathize with his girlfriend. How would you feel if someone 'pounced' on your boyfriend,regardless of how bad your relationship is going?
Well I hope you fall and land on your face with a nasty scar that shines as a beacon so that folks like me can steer clear of your poisoning aura

The man is in a relationship period. Butt off creep.
Plenty more fish in the sea...

I wouldn't dare participate in some sort of an affair but I feel like I should at least say something to him

No lovely, even that could be the start of something that shouldn't happen. You have to leave him be and move on, it's easier said than done but he's in a relationship.
Reply 13
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
The man is in a relationship period. Butt off creep.

This. Have some respect ffs.

God I wish people like you and him came with a label, then we could just pair you all off together and loyal decent people could ignore you. This sort of low-grade insidious disrespect ruins so many relationships. :mad:

Actually yeah, please steal him. Then his girlfriend can find someone better.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Leave him alone

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHAT DO I DO???

Yes, you can control your feelings for him, and that is what you must do. He is not available.

If, as he says, his current relationship is on the rocks then it will come to an end soon enough and then you can get together with a clear conscience. But if you are the cause of their break up then you will be despised by her, her family, and probably members of his family and your workplace too. That is not a pleasant or comfortable place to be. The taint of how the relationship started is something that will last for many many years.
Reply 16
Do your job and don't be a homewrecker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilfroggie_king
Please empathize with his girlfriend. How would you feel if someone 'pounced' on your boyfriend,regardless of how bad your relationship is going?

I'd try to do a better ****ing job is what I'd feel :wink:
Original post by Inazuma
I'd try to do a better ****ing job is what I'd feel :wink:

LOL :eek: don't you think that's a bit one sided?
Woman, you silly cow you shouldn't be wondering how to throw yourself onto him.

But on the other hand you can try because you two are a couple made in heaven and I'm sure his girlfriend could do a lot better.

Quick Reply