The Student Room Group

Question about Boardmasters 2015?

Hi,
Myself and three other friends (all 16 +) are going to boardmasters 2015 for one day.
Some of my friends have purchased their tickets in their parents names, and I was wondering whether or not you get ID'd upon entry as this could cause confusion.
They have ID to prove that they are 16 that has the same surname as the ticket, but a different first name. Will this be a problem?

Will bus passes be accepted as ID, as I don't feel comfortable taking my passport to a festival.
Most of all- are you even ID'd at all?
Thank you
Reply 1
I went to BM 2014 and there wasn't any ID check, what makes you think there will be?
Reply 2
I've never been to a festival before; the website gave the impression that boardmasters is very strict, and it doesn't specify whether or not you need ID to go with the ticket.
Thank you for your reply
Reply 3
Just wondering how strict they are on searching bags for alcohol, as I am 17 just nervous about losing all my drink for the festival! Don't want to waste money on something that will be confiscated on entry.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Original post by GNSDBA
Just wondering how strict they are on searching bags for alcohol, as I am 17 just nervous about losing all my drink for the festival! Don't want to waste money on something that will be confiscated on entry.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

if you're going weekend camping they search your bags either briefly or very thoroughly so it's the luck of the draw
if you're only going for a 1 day ticket don't expect it to get into the arena at all since there's a separate line for 1 day ticket holders, all of which will be searched
Hi,

Was just wondering how people successfully took alcohol into boardmasters in the past?

Thanks a lot :smile:
Me and my friends (19+) are planning on going to boardmasters after parties however we're wondering if you get asked for ID on the door? We're worried as don't want to lose our ID if we drink a little so was wondering if anyone knew?
Hi,

I'm going board masters this summer with some friends. We are all 16 years old and are trying to take drinks in with us. Does anyone know how thoroughly they check your bags, do they open tent bags, sleeping bags and unpack everything? If anyone has any advice on trying to take in drinks, would be very grateful.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest