The Student Room Group

We Must Intervene In Iran

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/558123/Yemen-Civil-War-Houthi-The-West-al-Qaeda-Rise-Regroup-Charlie-Hebdo

We should never have left Aden.

Jihadis are running amok, sectarian conflict is being fuelled by a host of actors across the region, and as Yemen is convulsed with chaos and criminality on a scale never seen before, the West looks on, impotent, hoping that this tragedy will never come to our shores, hoping that this calamity has a minimal effect on the future stability of the Western world.

But this is our fight, our fight in defence of civilisation and the destruction of tyrants and terorrists. This is our fight, to preserve right and to defeat evil. For if we do not do it, who will?

The Saudis, who will be bankrolling a tottering and illegitimate regime in the person of Hadi?

The Iranians, who will no doubt seek to extend their toxic brand of clerical fascism to southern Arabia?

None of those sounds like a good option to me. It is time to prepare ourselves to take the fight to the enemy's shores.

"And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit."-Judge Frollo, the Hunchback of Notre Dame

NOTE: I MEANT YEMEN, NOT IRAN, I TYPED IRAN BY MISTAKE.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Iran and Saudi Arabia both have a right to self-determination without foreign meddlers. If and when they actually take some aggressive actions, those affected have the right to defend themselves. America is not the policeman of the world and if they try to be, even more people will hold them in contempt and the hate will grow. Let Iran and Saudi hang themselves with their own policies and let their own people handle matters. America also has a corrupt government. Who should come into America and fix the problem?
The only problem is that we are skint.
You go into Iran you go into a bloodbath its one of the only stable regimes in the area you collapse that the middle east will look like southern africa a complete cluster ****, or more so than it already does at any rate.
I meant Yemen, unfortunately I typed Iran in the thread title by mistake.
You can't just go into Yemen. It is a failed state in a civil war. Even if you stop the fighting between the North and South you would have to pour billions of dollars into securing new stable infrastructure aswell as training their armies etc. it would just be a waste of time and money
Reply 6
Stay out of Yemen-
Sincerely, Me
Original post by The Dictator
I meant Yemen, unfortunately I typed Iran in the thread title by mistake.

Going into Yemen then would be just as bad as afghanistan to be honest it would be unwinnable unless you killed everyone..
Original post by TheTruthTeller
You can't just go into Yemen. It is a failed state in a civil war. Even if you stop the fighting between the North and South you would have to pour billions of dollars into securing new stable infrastructure aswell as training their armies etc. it would just be a waste of time and money

The North and South should never have been reunited the south was doing pretty well untill it was recombined in a very bloody war...
Original post by saeed97
Stay out of Yemen-
Sincerely, Me

You would say that. You're a Muslim.
Reply 9

And im from Yemen you retard.
if Iran is allowed to build a nuke then the Shi'ite will really hit the fan

I'm not Muslim and I'd agree with him. How do you know that we won't end up in a mess like Iraq in 2003?
Original post by saeed97
And im from Yemen you retard.

Well please go back there.
I don't consider the role of a state to intervene abroad for a moralistic goal - tax payers shouldn't be made to fund expensive operations abroad for the assistance of non-tax payers, which do not have any relevance to their lives, and shouldn't be made to fight in those conflicts, risking their lives, either
Well please go back there.

That is very rude. Just because somebody does not agree with your ignorant facist way of dealings with things does not mean you need to tell them to 'go back to their own country'.. Especially when you are descended from african immigrants yourself.
That is very rude. Just because somebody does not agree with your ignorant facist way of dealings with things does not mean you need to tell them to 'go back to their own country'.. Especially when you are descended from african immigrants yourself.

Except they are violent Muslims and I am not.
I agree that Israel is a dangerous state and should never have been allowed to pursue a nuclear weapons programme.
Except they are violent Muslims and I am not.

He's from Yemen and he's saying he doesnt agree with it being invaded. How is he a terrorist?
He's from Yemen and he's saying he doesnt agree with it being invaded. How is he a terrorist?

All Muslims are potential terrorists.
I was about to post a very angrily worded rebuttal...

In Yemen we have the richest country in the region bombing (and killing civilians on a worrying scale) the poorest country in the region. Saudi Arabia have all but conceded that 'stage 1' of their plan has failed, so I'm not sure what their endgame is (and I don't think they're sure either).

All Muslims are potential terrorists.

humans*

Original post by MagicNMedicine
I agree that Israel is a dangerous state and should never have been allowed to pursue a nuclear weapons programme.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending