The Student Room Group

do you think my bad luck with cars is due to a curse?

First car, Corsa - owned 2 months, head gasket gone
Second car Astra - owned 1 month - head gasket gone
Third car Xsara - owned 3 weeks - engine no start, fuel fault
4 and current car Ford focus - diagnose head gasket fault same day at garage.

warrantywise are giving us a decision tomorrow if they are fixing car, its been at a local garage for 4 days.

Is some kind of curse upon me regarding motors do you think? Surelyntjis can't be normal
Reply 1
Original post by Homeboy

warrantywise are giving us a decision tomorrow if they are fixing car, its been at a local garage for 4 days.

Is some kind of curse upon me regarding motors do you think? Surelyntjis can't be normal

Well, that sounds like you're revving the car too hard. Do you accelerate harshly? What revs do you generally cruise at in, let's say, a 30 limit?
(edited 8 years ago)
Where do you buy them from? + xsara lol
Original post by Homeboy

No it isn't a curse xD
How old are these cars when you buy them? Otherwise you probably aren't driving them properly to be honest.
Reply 4
ain't a curse, there's just a lot of tw@ts out there that try to pass off a bunch of clapped out old crap to the unsuspecting buyer.

saying that, to have 3 head gaskets go is either an amazingly bad run of bad luck or you're a contributing factor, or more than likely a mix of both.
Reply 5
Original post by kernow24
ain't a curse, there's just a lot of tw@ts out there that try to pass off a bunch of clapped out old crap to the unsuspecting buyer.

saying that, to have 3 head gaskets go is either an amazingly bad run of bad luck or you're a contributing factor, or more than likely a mix of both.

Hi all, I have an update

Warrantywise refusing to pay out as they claim the car had a pre existing fault before my ownership.

I have contacted the dealer from whom I bought it, he said he will come to the garage tomorrow and see the car and also that he will pay out of his own pocket ( not sure if I believe him though as they lied in the past, he can't even give me a time for tomorrow)

If he doesn't keep his word I will take legal action asap
Reply 6
It's because they are unreliable brands.
Reply 7
You're awful at buying cars, simple as that.
Reply 8
How much did you spend on them? How many miles had they done? Obviously, if they were crazy cheap and/or had done allot of miles, chances are high that something was wrong before you bought it.
Reply 9
Go for a german car for your next (VW, BMW, Merc, Audi etc) and I guarantee you won't have any issues for a long time.

Your problem is the french crap cars you are buying.

Always go for Japanese or German!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending