The Student Room Group

feel really fat

I'm 20 years old and a girl and I'm about 154-155 cm tall and in the last two years have been really ill so stopped exercising.
I went from 6 stone 8 and size 4/6 to almost 8 stone now!! And size 8 is getting pretty tight...
Feel really low about it and am worried my boyfriend will stop liking me although he says he Likes me curvier what do I do? :frown:
I'm now swimming and running again and am doing the marathon next year so it's not really that that's the problem I'm just mainly worried I won't lose the weight and feel bad about my body I've always been small so feel bad about it/am not used to it :frown:
Go Gym? You cant just hope to lose fat without doing anything; work must be done. Go gym regularly and keep record of your weights weekly and I can assure you with decent amount of excersi and good diet you will see result quickly (3-6 months).
Eat less, exercise more = weight loss. Good luck
Your weight is fine and healthy right now,definitely not fat at all
just do some regular exercise and maybe blogilates to tone up if you're into that
cut out junk, drink lots of water etc
try not to stress too much
-__- and there are people in the world with real weight issues. To me it sounds like you are now a healthy weight. If all is well with your health, then get back into your fitness fitness regime.
Same. I'm doing something about it though. I've gotten fat because of all the uni deadlines.
Reply 6
In response to you all I dont eat that much usually between 800-1250 calories a day and exercise regularly but I'm still putting on weight.
I defo feel the same as ChickenMadness I put this all on since going to uni because me and my two friends couldn't bare going into the kitchen
Phunky_fresh I have suffered a lot with weight issues in my life and was anorexic when I was younger. I don't know if that is what you meant?
I run for 20 minutes every two days and swim twice a week. Is this enough?
Original post by ChickenMadness
Same. I'm doing something about it though. I've gotten fat because of all the uni deadlines.

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who has put on weight because of uni deadlines. I've put on 4kg since January and I feel disgusting - slow, lethargic and ugly.

I'm trying to do something about it too, but I really wish I'd never let it happen in the first place...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who has put on weight because of uni deadlines. I've put on 4kg since January and I feel disgusting - slow, lethargic and ugly.

I'm trying to do something about it too, but I really wish I'd never let it happen in the first place...

ye thats exactly how I feel. I despise being fat. Absolutely revolted by myself seeing flab and sagginess :yucky:

That feel when you're noticeably heavier when you're skating as well :s-smilie:

It won't take me long to get back to normal though. As soon as the deadlines are over I'll be in good shape again :redface:

In response to you all I dont eat that much usually between 800-1250 calories a day and exercise regularly but I'm still putting on weight.
I defo feel the same as ChickenMadness I put this all on since going to uni because me and my two friends couldn't bare going into the kitchen
Phunky_fresh I have suffered a lot with weight issues in my life and was anorexic when I was younger. I don't know if that is what you meant?
I run for 20 minutes every two days and swim twice a week. Is this enough?

loool. That's pretty much the same reason for me. I've mostly eaten junk food because my flatmates are just annoying tbh and I can't be arsed to socialize with them when I'm cooking. And the kitchen is always dirty as **** as well :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9

Maybe now I see other people feel that way I feel less bad/guilty...I've always had big healthy family meals at home :frown: when I went away I could cook (pretty well apparently) I just couldn't face cooking for just me :frown:
Yeah I feel the same way :frown:
My parents don't live in the UK and I haven't seen them since easter. When I go to stay with them in the summer I think they'll realise :frown:

Quick Reply