The Student Room Group

Why are girls quick to do this?

Why are some girls quick to judge a guy by his height almost instantaneously?

it seems like guys under 5 foot 9 are somehow discriminated against by girls and are made to feel emasculated.

It's not their choice to be that height, nature made them that way, so why cringe at the sight of a 5 foot 8 guy or 5 foot 6 guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

it seems like guys under 5 foot 9 are somehow discriminated against by girls and are made to feel emasculated.

It's not their choice to be that height, nature made them that way, so why cringe at the sight of a 5 foot 8 guy or 5 foot 6 guy?

have you ever thought that it may be you generalising the views of the entire girl population in the globe! Not all girls are like this
Awwh, diddums. I mean, it's not like guys judge girls on everything from their bra size to their makeup, right? Right?! Jesus christ on a bike, it's not a girl's choice how big her breasts are, but we still get judged!
Reply 3
I don't.
who wants to date a midget?
Reply 5
Just because they may not be physically attracted to a short guy doesn't mean that they are discriminating against them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

As a taller person, I just don't find guys shorter than me attractive. sorryyyy, what can I do?
Reply 7
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
have you ever thought that it may be you generalising the views of the entire girl population in the globe! Not all girls are like this

OP didn't say all girls are like that, they asked why some girls are like that..
where does this happen? I know guys as short as 5''4 and they don't seem to have an issues getting girls.
It's not discrimination, it's just preference.
Girls realise that it's not the guys choice that they're short and that they might be a really nice person regardless, however girls also cant help who they're naturally attracted to. Every girls preference is different, and it just so happens that the majority (definitely not all) are attracted to taller guys just because. The same way someone might be attracted to guys with black hair, or a guy who's tanned. There isn't a reason, thats just the way it is.. and I know it sucks for shorter guys but it's not like the whole female population hate short men.. women have to put up with the exact same things - eg boob size.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't have thought women were automatically judgemental unless they were taller or the same height as you. If you're short, date short women, they won't know the difference.

Of course it doesn't help that they all wear 6-inch heels on a night out. But that's just a mating strategy so they can better filter for a mate who is not only taller than her but also taller than most of the other men.
(edited 8 years ago)

Probably more to do with your bad attitude I never judge a guy by height and I have drop dead gorgeous boyfriends men I am attracted to tend to me level to my height 5'8

It's your attitude

Posted from TSR Mobile
And you've never judged a girl by her weight?
Reply 13
Because if a woman is 5 ft 10 and a guy is 5 ft 6 it's a very unusual match.
Original post by theo1jinx
who wants to date a midget?

:lol: Ikr only short arses complain.

Original post by ni909
Just because they may not be physically attracted to a short guy doesn't mean that they are discriminating against them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, what a relief that someone has common sense around here.

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
And you've never judged a girl by her weight?

Ha. Double standards gallore.
Have you considered wearing high heels? I would imagine they won't judge your height then!
Reply 16
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Have you considered wearing high heels? I would imagine they won't judge your height then!

unless he wants to attract guys, i don't think high heels are on the cards.
Well, girls can't help what they find unattractive.

One of my female friends mentioned that she didn't think a guy was attractive because he was short a couple of days ago. Being short myself, I asked her why this was. She said there was no specific reason, but that being short just makes a guy look less attractive. It's clearly a commonly held view tbh...
Original post by Rovey
unless he wants to attract guys, i don't think high heels are on the cards.

Well, its more common for guys to want to be tallest in a relationship, maybe he should consider it! :biggrin:
Awwh, diddums. I mean, it's not like guys judge girls on everything from their bra size to their makeup, right? Right?! Jesus christ on a bike, it's not a girl's choice how big her breasts are, but we still get judged!

I have never in my life heard a guy reject a girl for her breast size. Whereas girls automatically rule a guy out if he's shorter than her. I don't think those examples are equivalent.

Quick Reply

Latest