The Student Room Group

Friends with benefits with ex?

So me and my ex girlfriend broke up on Saturday. We both love each other still, but she says she doesn't want a relationship.. Well she says she loves me.
Anyway, we're meeting tomorrow for sex and we both know it's just sex, and we know it'll happen again. Good idea to be friends with benefits or?
(edited 8 years ago)
no its not a good idea, trust me... but i hope it works out
You both still love each other and are fresh out of a breakup... and you're attempting a friends with benefits relationship. Recipe for disaster. Or she'll come to her senses and want to be with your for real again. Either way, best of luck. x
Honestly don't do it! You've just broken up so it seems like a good idea. You're both in love! Its just a bit of fun! No, the thing is the more you act like you're still together, by doing what you'd usually do, the harder its gonna be when she decides to just stop or even you decide. Its pretty hard to be a fwb with an ex and not hold onto old feelings.
Original post by Zeus_
So me and my ex girlfriend broke up on Saturday. We both love each other still, but she says she doesn't want a relationship.. Well she says she loves me.
Anyway, we're meeting tomorrow for sex and we both know it's just sex, and we know it'll happen again. Good idea to be friends with benefits or?

Yes, you get the main benefit of the relationship but simultaneously do not have any negatives
Never sleep with someone after a breakup, honestly it just makes getting over it so much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abort mission!!!!! Friends with benefits rarely ends well, especially when it's with an ex - I'm speaking from my own experience with FWB. My ex boyfriend and I broke up a couple of months ago and briefly got back in contact about a week ago.. the conversation turned towards how he missed me and and if he could come over, in the rush of the moment I said yes, only for him to change his mind and bail on me because he thought it wasn't a good idea. Fast-forward a few days and he asked me if we could do a one time thing, no strings attached... As much as I wanted to see him, I knew I had to say no; partly because I'm not completely over him and I knew sex would complicate things (from past experiences), and secondly because I didn't want him to see me as someone he could use for his own sexual gratification.
Nope, baaad move right there. You'll feel incredibly awful once you both stop talking for good.
Reply 8
Yep, why not. If you're both purely in it for sexual means, all is good. I have a fwb who is also my ex and quite a good friend of mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending