The Student Room Group

Are epq's worth doing and how do I do one ?

I've heard a lot of people doing them and I think they count as half an A level, I was just wondering when I could do one or if it's worth starting at all considering I'm at the end of my AS year.
I started mine at the end of my AS year and just finished it, it looks great on your personal statement its an extra qualification and i enjoyed doing it so yeah go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely worth doing! As long as you do something that you're interested in because it'll be a lot more effort if you're doing a topic you're not interested in! Good prep for uni too :smile:
Thank you :smile: Did you do one with your school or how would you do it ?
Yeah it's best to do it with school if they offer it. One thing I would advise though is that you try and get the essay part done before January/February because it just gives you more time to focus on your A2 exams!
Original post by JessJervis7791
Yeah it's best to do it with school if they offer it. One thing I would advise though is that you try and get the essay part done before January/February because it just gives you more time to focus on your A2 exams!

What does an epq consist of? What do you have to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
What does an epq consist of? What do you have to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You basically have to do a project on a particular topic. You set yourself a question you can write 5000 words on if you researched it. You've got to write and essay and do a presentation on your project. I really enjoyed it and you can get it all boxed off well before exams so it's just one less thing to worry about.
Original post by JessJervis7791
You basically have to do a project on a particular topic. You set yourself a question you can write 5000 words on if you researched it. You've got to write and essay and do a presentation on your project. I really enjoyed it and you can get it all boxed off well before exams so it's just one less thing to worry about.

Do you have to do a presentation? And i think my school want to start doing it next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest