The Student Room Group

do u think modesty makes a woman more beautiful

would u like a woman that doesnt swear, lowers her gaze etc and basically is just shy when conversing with the opp sex? but when shes with her freidns shes really funny and sweet

Scroll to see replies

At some point, we women have to raise our gaze to see where we're going don't you think?
I personally find a strong-willed and responsible woman, much more attractive than a woman with low self confidence, submissive character. I like them passionate :tongue:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
At some point, we women have to raise our gaze to see where we're going don't you think?

Beautifully put!
Everything in moderation, even modesty. :biggrin:
Original post by twioo5
would u like a woman that doesnt swear, lowers her gaze etc and basically is just shy when conversing with the opp sex? but when shes with her freidns shes really funny and sweet

no. a beautiful woman makes a woman more beautiful.

you're a meatbag. i'm a meatbag. we're all watery meatbags. how good is your meat?
Na a woman that has respect for herself is more attractive

Modesty just makes them more bareable as opposed to a really vain person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
i never meant it like that, think of it like Mary the mother of Jesus. when it comes to modesty cuz to me she was the most modest woman
Reply 7
Original post by theo1jinx
I personally find a strong-willed and responsible woman, much more attractive than a woman with low self confidence, submissive character. I like them passionate :tongue:

nah theyre shy but theyre confident too. not submissive they will do what is best and if it is right. shy as in Mary the mother of J
Original post by twioo5
i never meant it like that, think of it like Mary the mother of Jesus. when it comes to modesty cuz to me she was the most modest woman

yeah if you think she actually got pregnant to a flower
Reply 9
Original post by theo1jinx
yeah if you think she actually got pregnant to a flower

oh ur not christian? my bad. think of it as a woman who doesnt swear, acts modest infront of the opp sex yet when she sees injustice she is willing to spwak her mind

No. We bump into walls and are at greater risk of getting run down in traffic :h:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
No. We bump into walls and are at greater risk of getting run down in traffic :h:

This has to be the very reason why feminism was created :s-smilie:
Yes.
Original post by Darab_1496
Na a woman that has respect for herself is more attractive

Modesty just makes them more bareable as opposed to a really vain person

Modesty doesn't equal lacking in self-respect though
No, I like a woman who:

1) Doesn't swear
2) Is assertive
3) Is ambitious
4) Mostly independent
5) Knows what she wants from life
6) Caring towards other people and animals
7) Can handle her drink
8) Likes going for meals
9) Likes travelling to new places

In short terms, a feminine woman who knows how to strut her stuff and get what she wants. Finding such a woman in the UK is extremely hard because a lot of women have become like a lot of men, animalistic thugs who cannot handle their drink, swear and act loud to come across assertive and dominant when in reality, all it does, is make them look like fools who can't handle their drink. These people are a blemish on British society around the entire world.
This has to be the very reason why feminism was created :s-smilie:

All women deserve to not look where we're going and cars should just swerve around, dammit! :unimpressed:

:tongue:
Probably would like them more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Absolutely not.

I like women who are very confident in their abilities, can be imposing and are not afraid to speak up (this applies to men as well, though for some reason it excites me more with women). Modesty is good, but only when it doesn't limit one's potential.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes. Definitely.

Best friend is daughter of a judge, incredibly wealthy, privately educated and extremely intelligent. 100% modest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like a woman who is intelligent and able to stand up to opposition. Who is ambitious and wants to solve problems (uhh, that includes maths problems?).

I don't want a woman who is shy when conversing with men, that suggests a lack of maturity. At least if its just normal conversation, if its sexual/flirting then that's different, it's fine if she is shy with regards to that.

But no, I definitely don't want women to lower their gazes. I want them to raise them and widen them. Ambition is key. Ambition and passion.
Original post by Sanctimonious
No, I like a woman who:

1) Doesn't swear
2) Is assertive
3) Is ambitious
4) Mostly independent
5) Knows what she wants from life
6) Caring towards other people and animals
7) Can handle her drink
8) Likes going for meals
9) Likes travelling to new places

In short terms, a feminine woman who knows how to strut her stuff and get what she wants. Finding such a woman in the UK is extremely hard because a lot of women have become like a lot of men, animalistic thugs who cannot handle their drink, swear and act loud to come across assertive and dominant when in reality, all it does, is make them look like fools who can't handle their drink. These people are a blemish on British society around the entire world.

so basically you want a 10/10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending