The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics Paper 6 doubt

Hi,
I just wanted to know if you could start from any number in the graph. For example, can I start the graph from 50 instead of 0 so that it occupies more than half the grid. Thank you in advance for your response

Scroll to see replies

I believe not, because if the table of values has 0 included then you must start it from 0. Also, take an appropriate scale and you'll always be able to occupy more than half of the graph
Reply 2
Original post by manal_mansoor
I believe not, because if the table of values has 0 included then you must start it from 0. Also, take an appropriate scale and you'll always be able to occupy more than half of the graph

But what if there is no 0 included
make origin as 0, then have a squiggly line then continue with the first unit at the next space
Reply 4
xaaxa
Reply 5
Its always a good idea to start at the lowest value they have provided you. So if 50 is the lowest value then you can use it.
Are you stressed about tomorrow?

Honestly I wish I revised earlier, now all I can do is do 2014 papers and see what I can't do...
Reply 7
yeah this is my first exam
Reply 8
Have u done paper 62 2014 by any chance?
This test hopefully will be alright :\
Reply 10
Yup
I'm sure we'll be fine, just do past papers, lots of them
Ahh worried about tomorrow!
Hello there,
NORMALLY, THE AXES START FROM THE ORIGIN (0,0). SOMETIMES IT IS MENTIONED IN THE QUESTION, THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO START FROM THE ORIGIN, THEN YOU CAN START IT AT ANY VALUE (REFER TO THE TABLE).
OTHERWISE IF THERE IS NOTHING MENTIONED ABOUT HOW YOU SHOULD BEGIN THE AXES, THEN I BELIEVE YOU CAN START THE AXES HOWEVER YOU FEEL IT IS SUITABLE FOR THE GIVEN INFORMATION.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zain.Y
Have u done paper 62 2014 by any chance?

Yeah just finished it. On 63 june 14 (did you mean june or nov?)
Did anybody do summer 2013 paper 61??
Are you doing paper 6 tomorrow?
Reply 17
Thanks for your replies
COMPLETED PAPER ABOUT AN HOUR AGO.

BEST. PAPER. EVER. Even easier than the practice papers I did.
Reply 19
Original post by amalick1029
COMPLETED PAPER ABOUT AN HOUR AGO.

BEST. PAPER. EVER. Even easier than the practice papers I did.

where did u put z on the ruler?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending