The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went to see him in Sheffield in May this year. It was really good. There is a lot of audience participation which is completly random. A stuffed toy gets thrown around the audience to determine who takes part. My friend took part in one of the "tricks", it was so strange. He's quite funny too. I would recommend going even if you don't really think much of what he does because it's still entertaining.
CheesyBeans
I went to see him in Sheffield in May this year. It was really good. There is a lot of audience participation which is completly random. A stuffed toy gets thrown around the audience to determine who takes part. My friend took part in one of the "tricks", it was so strange. He's quite funny too. I would recommend going even if you don't really think much of what he does because it's still entertaining.

Interesting - i mgiht go then...
Thanks for that, I've loved what I've seen of him on telly, and watched a few recorded live shows and they've always amazed me, so will definitely consider getting tickets. :smile:
You could just watch the show on telly this week but I think it would be better to see it live. You might even get to have a go yourself. If you do go, don't watch the show on telly!!!
I'd be scared to go, what is he hypnotizes you or similar and makes you do something stupid in front of camera, it may be funny to watch him tricking all those people, but think are you confident enough to laugh it off if it happens to you. I'm not so I shall be watching things from safely behind a TV screen :tongue:.
marisad_uk
I'd be scared to go, what is he hypnotizes you or similar and makes you do something stupid in front of camera, it may be funny to watch him tricking all those people, but think are you confident enough to laugh it off if it happens to you. I'm not so I shall be watching things from safely behind a TV screen :tongue:.

can you give examples of stupid things? is it just stupid noises or soemthign more extreme like takign off your trousers? lol
marisad_uk

He doesn't hypnotise people, he doesn't actually believe in hypnotism. It's a lot more about subliminal messages.
CheesyBeans
You could just watch the show on telly this week but I think it would be better to see it live. You might even get to have a go yourself. If you do go, don't watch the show on telly!!!

If I go, why shouldn't I watch the show on TV? :s-smilie:
I thought that the tour dates for 2007 where extra dates for Something Wicked This Way Comes. If it is then it's the same as the show that is being shown tomorrow night. It doesn't really make sense to show something on telly while there are still tour dates though.
Reply 10
The 2007 tour is completely new. The "Something Wicked This Way Comes" tour, which has been running for the past 2 years, is on tonight. I watched it in Swansea in May and it was excellent. You should watch his show tonight and then go see him sometime this year live.
WelshMike
The 2007 tour is completely new. .

Is this definate?
Reply 12
CheesyBeans
Is this definate?

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/tour

See for yourself.
Great, thanks!! Just discussing when to go with my mates :biggrin:
^ Be quick - the show I am booked in for only has a few seats left - I imagine in bigger cities it will sell out quicker.

Having seen the show - it was good - the part where he showed us all the messages he had been doing on the sly was interesting - but I still think there is more to it than we were shown. There were just too many variables for everything to fit into place - like he said that when the girl was tearing up the paper she was subconciously avoding the word influential but that is way too random IMO
My friend is going to buy tickets some time in the week. I would buy them myself on the net but I don't have enough dosh at the moment.

I met Derren after the show I went to in May and he seems so much shorter and thinner up close.
Reply 16
Clubber Lang

Having seen the show - it was good - the part where he showed us all the messages he had been doing on the sly was interesting - but I still think there is more to it than we were shown. There were just too many variables for everything to fit into place - like he said that when the girl was tearing up the paper she was subconciously avoding the word influential but that is way too random IMO

It sounds extremely weird, but then ... what other explanations have you got? There's certainly no actors or trickery going on. I went to his live show and the bit at the end it exactly as it happens live. Very, very weird and quite scary in a way, but brilliant all the same.
he's not even coming to london, the nutter
WelshMike
It sounds extremely weird, but then ... what other explanations have you got? There's certainly no actors or trickery going on. I went to his live show and the bit at the end it exactly as it happens live. Very, very weird and quite scary in a way, but brilliant all the same.

Do you have any idea what the subliminal messages in the foyer to make people think of an elephant where? Me and my friend wondered if it was the circus type theme around the merch stalls.
CheesyBeans
Do you have any idea what the subliminal messages in the foyer to make people think of an elephant where? Me and my friend wondered if it was the circus type theme around the merch stalls.

well he said it was in the foyer, but even watching on telly I was thinking elephant

Latest