The Student Room Group

Did I lie on my CV?

I am facing a current dilemma and I was wondering if the TSR community could assist me. Well, whilst doing my degree I also did three A-levels in Economics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and received As in each of these subjects (don’t ask me how I did it J). On my CV I placed it them next to my other A-level grade so it looks like this:

Education
2005 2007 Sixth Form College Name, Location
A-levels: German (B), Economics (A), Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A)

I did the same with my GCSE grade in English and Science, am I in trouble? Would you classify it as misrepresentation?
I did receive the grades HOWEVER not on the dates specified, what would you do in the same situation?
I have recently applied for a new job and I have been thinking if this is a form of falsification. I didn’t do it to make myself look better; I simply did it to make my CV look more organised. How would you lay out your CV if faced in the same situation?

By the way, I did finish Mathematics and Economics A-level within a year but I still stated that it took two years.

Thanks for your help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just to be on the safe side. Tell them the mistake and also change it on your CV.
Noone cares yo.
Reply 3
It is considered lying in a way but I don't really think they'll pick up on it unless they ask for your certificates...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending