The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language A Edexcel

Anyone else Sitting the IGCSE English Language A Edexcel in June? I'm crapping myself now! what do people think will be in the papers? I have the Edexcel Revision Guide but what exactly do I revise? just try and memorise the whole book?! all I want is a C grade.. :s-smilie::confused:
Actually this time i think it is going to be pretty hard. However Goldcrest these are the expected anthology lessons.

SECTION A:
-PASSAGE TO AFRICA
-TOUCHING THE VOID
-CHINESE CINDERELLA
-YOUR GUIDE TO BEACH SAFETY
-CLIMATE CHANGE: THE FACTS

SECTION B:
-THE NECKLACE
-VERONICA
-KING SHARIAH
-REFUGEE BLUES
-DISABLE
-THE UNKNOWN GIRL

Good luck for examination as I am also sitting for it. :smile: !!!
Original post by wajahat625
Actually this time i think it is going to be pretty hard. However Goldcrest these are the expected anthology lessons.

SECTION A:
-PASSAGE TO AFRICA
-TOUCHING THE VOID
-CHINESE CINDERELLA
-YOUR GUIDE TO BEACH SAFETY
-CLIMATE CHANGE: THE FACTS

SECTION B:
-THE NECKLACE
-VERONICA
-KING SHARIAH
-REFUGEE BLUES
-DISABLE
-THE UNKNOWN GIRL

Good luck for examination as I am also sitting for it. :smile: !!!

If I'm not wrong, Chinese Cinderella did come in the paper last year. Do you think they'll repeat it so soon?
Yeah it did come up on the January exam... I don't think it'll come up again but you can never be sure make sure you revise all of them they are Given to you in the exam anyway you just need to bs able to discuss language techniques and the affect it has on the readers really so don't be too worried. From what I've looked at the ones that haven't come up at all yet are
Climate change
A passage to Africa
Am unknown girl
The necklace
King schahriar and his brother
But that doesn't mean that they'll be in this years exam so I'm just going to revise all of them. I wish there was a way of knowing 😂
Don't be too worried though just practice your essays more than anything.
I hope it goes well for you good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending