The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 2 Tuesday 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

I reckon speciation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by THEPROLORD98
Predictions on the 6 marker? Maybe Enzymes

I think it will be about Cell Division (Mitosis and Meiosis).
Enzymes sounds plausible though.

I hope we don't get two 6 markers, like the June 2014 paper did. :eek:
Original post by iMacJack
Hah yeah

That's crazy :frown: they were free when I did my exams, I am quite upset about this you poor souls. It is worth the money though i guess but still how unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing b3 as well. I'm quite prepared as biology is a strong subject, but feel really unprepared at the same time.
Original post by Turtlebunny
I'm doing b3 as well. I'm quite prepared as biology is a strong subject, but feel really unprepared at the same time.

Only problem is the mark schemes make no sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grade

What do you do after you make notes from the videos?
Do you memorize them?

If so when, after each video or after you've finished everything?

That's good that you have time to revise! Good to see you're using your time wisely too :smile:

For me, I found it best to watch all the videos within one section (if they're still in sections?) and then I would review my notes and have a break. Go back do another section and repeat. After having watched all videos I would then go to my parents or siblings/friends can help too and asked them to quiz me on the subjects. I would have a list of all the subjects on a checklist or within a book, I'm sure you can find it somewhere, if not write them all down.

They would ask me 'what is ....' And I would tell them all I knew about it. Just spitting out all and everything I could remember. It is helpful to speak out what you've learned I found. If I was happy with what I had said and remembered a fair amount of stuff I would tick it off the list.

If you have textbooks too it is good to look at their summary pages and get questioned on them topics too :tongue:

Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I would revise P2 as much as you can. I did AQA gcse triple science last year achieving A* A* A*
With Physics I Scored 100 ums in P1 and P3 but only scored 84 in P2. It is the most difficult unit in my opinion!
Original post by thatjoker
I would revise P2 as much as you can. I did AQA gcse triple science last year achieving A* A* A*
With Physics I Scored 100 ums in P1 and P3 but only scored 84 in P2. It is the most difficult unit in my opinion!

I find it the hardest as well. P3 has hardest content but is a short unit so it's very easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NatalieBlundell
That's crazy :frown: they were free when I did my exams, I am quite upset about this you poor souls. It is worth the money though i guess but still how unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whn did you do the exams if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Willnewman234
I find it the hardest as well. P3 has hardest content but is a short unit so it's very easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

P3 is an amazing exam. Questions are hardly any different every year
Reply 30
That's good that you have time to revise! Good to see you're using your time wisely too :smile:

For me, I found it best to watch all the videos within one section (if they're still in sections?) and then I would review my notes and have a break. Go back do another section and repeat. After having watched all videos I would then go to my parents or siblings/friends can help too and asked them to quiz me on the subjects. I would have a list of all the subjects on a checklist or within a book, I'm sure you can find it somewhere, if not write them all down.

They would ask me 'what is ....' And I would tell them all I knew about it. Just spitting out all and everything I could remember. It is helpful to speak out what you've learned I found. If I was happy with what I had said and remembered a fair amount of stuff I would tick it off the list.

If you have textbooks too it is good to look at their summary pages and get questioned on them topics too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you.
Thank you for the tips as well. Appreciated.

I'm over the moon that the P2 exam is like a week after the C2 exam.
That's plenty of time to revise.
If it had been on Friday, or something I think I just would've gave up.

Did the notes take you long to make?
Ready over here for the B2 and B3 exams!

Got 52/60 on a B2 paper and then 48/60 on a B3 paper today - both strong A*s. Will be revising hard tomorrow, as well as doing past papers - and then it'll be the big day!
Original post by Grade
Thank you.
Thank you for the tips as well. Appreciated.

I'm over the moon that the P2 exam is like a week after the C2 exam.
That's plenty of time to revise.
If it had been on Friday, or something I think I just would've gave up.

Did the notes take you long to make?

Yeah you are very lucky! I remember my physics exam was in between I think my RE and English? I can't remember but it was a very busy week for me and I had barely any time to revise and in the end gave up with the videos. I still managed okay though thankfully but if you have time definitely revise.

Sadly the notes do take ages to make. A full day probably. My mum wondered what had happened to me, I was locked in my room all day hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by thatjoker

I agree with this.
P1 was so easy in comparison to P2.

I used to love Physics now I hate it.
P2 is very Chemistry like, but I'm good at Chemistry.

I'm just dreading that awful topic of Electric Circuits.
I despise that with a passion.
Original post by jamestg
Ready over here for the B2 and B3 exams!

Got 52/60 on a B2 paper and then 48/60 on a B3 paper today - both strong A*s. Will be revising hard tomorrow, as well as doing past papers - and then it'll be the big day!

Well done! Hope you do good in the real ones :smile: just remember to revise and knuckle down on every subject. My friend got an A* in her English mock and a B in her real one. She was disappointed. So yeah just make sure you go over absolutely every subject/topic there is as you never know what will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grade
I think it will be about Cell Division (Mitosis and Meiosis).
Enzymes sounds plausible though.

I hope we don't get two 6 markers, like the June 2014 paper did. :eek:

If last years paper got 2 six markers, there will be a high chance that there will be in this years paper!
Hope we don't get two six markers tho!!
Reply 36
Original post by THEPROLORD98
If last years paper got 2 six markers, there will be a high chance that there will be in this years paper!
Hope we don't get two six markers tho!!

I know, I'm dreading it.
Hoping it won't.
Reply 37
Well done! Hope you do good in the real ones :smile: just remember to revise and knuckle down on every subject. My friend got an A* in her English mock and a B in her real one. She was disappointed. So yeah just make sure you go over absolutely every subject/topic there is as you never know what will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you much.
Is P2 the life cycle of a star and stuff like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found last year's P2 much easier than previous unit 2 exams! :O definitely one of my worst areas though :/ I think we'll get car safety this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending