The Student Room Group

Ladies, would you go out with a man who has been to prison?

By being in prison I don't mean being in prison for something disgusting or serious like rape, murder, or crimes against a child, I mean like a guy who has been in for drug dealing or something like that. Would you go out with him if he asked you out?

The reason I'm interested is because a lot of girls these days will look past things like that if they find the person attractive and they think the guy has money. You can see on Instagram a lot of rappers have been in prison for drugs or weapons possession and girls will still do anything to be with them or to get their attention.

A lot of girls don't care these days if money has been earned legally or illegally as long as they can have some.

Your take?

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the offence really :smile:
I would go out with someone who had been involved with crime in the past and turned over a fresh leaf but not someone who was currently involved with crime with no intention to change their ways
A lot of girls like the "bad boy" image...
Some girls would go out with drug dealers so I imagine that a prison sentence for such a thing wouldn't be a deterrent.
Would selling drugs to a child not count as crimes against a child?
"You can see on Instagram a lot of rappers have been in prison for drugs or weapons possession and girls will still do anything to be with them or to get their attention." Uhh, maybe because they're rappers and they're famous? Bit of a silly thing to base your "theory" on. Back in reality, some girls will care, some girls won't.
No, not really.
Never in a million years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never- they are too dangerous people; might even put drugs in your drink- dont want that.
Reply 10
Not a drug dealer, that's so lame and pathetic. Something dark and sexy like a serial killer seems more appealing.
What if its a minor such as fraud or tax evasion
No.
Reply 13
It depends what his circumstances, context, motivation, outcome and how it impacts on his life today.

For example, I'd date a Jewish guy who went to prison even for a murder on, for example, an anti-Semite and got released early and was rich (so the conviction does not impact on his job prospects because he is already rich).

I'd not date one who sold drugs, got prison sentence and has no money or job prospects to pay bills.
If they'd truly turned their life around then yah, probs
Original post by NeverTooLatte
"You can see on Instagram a lot of rappers have been in prison for drugs or weapons possession and girls will still do anything to be with them or to get their attention." Uhh, maybe because they're rappers and they're famous? Bit of a silly thing to base your "theory" on. Back in reality, some girls will care, some girls won't.

So you're saying these girls are that shallow that they only want to go out with someone famous and who has money? The point is that a criminal conviction for gang activity/drugs/firearms, etc is not stopping these girls begging for the attention of the men convicted for that stuff.
Original post by yoshibuster
So you're saying these girls are that shallow that they only want to go out with someone famous and who has money? The point is that a criminal conviction for gang activity/drugs/firearms, etc is not stopping these girls begging for the attention of the men convicted for that stuff.

I don't know how you can compare a famous rapper to an average bloke that came out of prison for drugs :s-smilie:
Nope.
Original post by NeverTooLatte
I don't know how you can compare a famous rapper to an average bloke that came out of prison for drugs :s-smilie:

Well many people who go into prison for drugs are going to be into the same lifestyle and come from a similar environment to the famous rappers. Why do you think they make rap music talking about drug dealing?

The main point I'm trying to ascertain is that do girls prefer to go out with a guy who has no money and is all legal and above board, or a guy who makes money by doing illegal activities. Which would you rather have?
If I fancied him and we got on well then yeah probs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending