The Student Room Group

Changing degree

Hi so I've just finished the first year of my degree in Film and Media Production but I'm really not enjoying it so I'm hoping to transfer courses at the same university. I'm not going to have to reapply through UCAS am I? A friend transferred courses and said he did it through the university.

There's a chance that I would have to redo my first year, how would this affect my funding if I wanted to do a QTS course afterwards?
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Hi so I've just finished the first year of my degree in Film and Media Production but I'm really not enjoying it so I'm hoping to transfer courses at the same university. I'm not going to have to reapply through UCAS am I? A friend transferred courses and said he did it through the university.

There's a chance that I would have to redo my first year, how would this affect my funding if I wanted to do a QTS course afterwards?

It depends on your uni - speak to your tutor and the admissions tutor for the course you want to switch to.

Finance wise you get one "false start" year so you should be fine for your undergrad course. PGCE course funding comes from a different pot so should also be fine.
If its a course at the same Uni, the first person you need to speak to is your Personal Tutor or similar.

No, for this sort of change you don't apply through UCAS.

You get 4 years of SF for an undergraduate course (but remember its all debt you will have to pay back), and a postgraduate PGCE is funded separately : https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/bursaries-and-funding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending