The Student Room Group

Biomedicine

Hey,
Unfortunately I did not get accepted to medical school which is something common so I will be doing Biomedicine at QueenMary's University. I recently found out that there is a 2-year course taught through Buckingham University with Medipathways. Obviously that is private and will cost a little more.
However, I am unsure whether to apply or not as not many people know about it.

Do you know any people that have done it? Should I apply (applications are still open) as it would save me an extra year of university and so I can try again for medicine one year earlier.

Thanks in advance
Original post by sabi06
Hey,
Unfortunately I did not get accepted to medical school which is something common so I will be doing Biomedicine at QueenMary's University. I recently found out that there is a 2-year course taught through Buckingham University with Medipathways. Obviously that is private and will cost a little more.
However, I am unsure whether to apply or not as not many people know about it.

Do you know any people that have done it? Should I apply (applications are still open) as it would save me an extra year of university and so I can try again for medicine one year earlier.

Thanks in advance

You would have to check whether universities would accept the qualification from medipathways. I have a feeling you'd be unqualified for grad entry but unable to get funding for the five year. I'd also want to know the exact success rates for medicine applicants after using medipathways.

Why don't you just take a gap year and reapply? It's less competitive and less expensive than graduate entry and certainly less expensive than forking out for medipathways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForestCat
You would have to check whether universities would accept the qualification from medipathways. I have a feeling you'd be unqualified for grad entry but unable to get funding for the five year. I'd also want to know the exact success rates for medicine applicants after using medipathways.

Why don't you just take a gap year and reapply? It's less competitive and less expensive than graduate entry and certainly less expensive than forking out for medipathways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, just to answer a few questions:

We have contacted all UK medical/dental schools and virtually all of them will consider our 2-year BSc applicants in exactly the same way as if they did a standard 3-year BSc elsewhere.
As for success stats, we have just had them in following our recent first wave of graduates: http://www.medipathways.com/success-rates

As for cost, technically we are not more expensive at 27k, in fact less, because our students save a years living expenses. Yes, we do charge fees to students directly as we are currently not on Student Finance England. This does mean however, that our graduates will not have debt before they start med school and will not have to pay back with loan interest.
We understand that not every can afford to pay fees without a student loan so we are working on this for the future.

Hope this helps.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending