The Student Room Group

what age does everybody hope to get married?

as title:smile:
hope to be married by 24/25:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Never. I am happy in an unmarried long term relationship and believe that modern marriage is ridiculously biased against men. I see it as something from which I have nothing to gain, but a lot to lose.
By 30, at the latest. Preferably by 26, though...
Original post by poohat
Never. I am happy in an unmarried long term relationship and believe that modern marriage is ridiculously biased against men. I see it as something from which I have nothing to gain, but a lot to lose.

i appericiate marriage isnt for everyone :smile: what do you feel you d lose out of interest?
By 40
Original post by poohat

Just make sure you keep your butthurt theories to yourself.
Reply 7
I'd rather not lose half of my assets if it doesn't work out.
(edited 8 years ago)
hoped to be maried by mid-20s at latest.

Got married age 23.

Pretty happy :smile:
Before 30 would be good, I think 27/28 would be ideal :smile:
After I've accomplished something with my life. I'm at Uni right now (19 yrs old), so not for another 10 years is my guess.

But who knows eyy
doesn't make sense for guys to get married really. Strippers work out cheaper brah.
28-35 I'de say.
Original post by fallen_acorns
hoped to be maried by mid-20s at latest.

Got married age 23.

Pretty happy :smile:

i d be very happy to get married at that age:smile: but would still be at uni:/
Reply 14
why get married?
Original post by claireestelle
i d be very happy to get married at that age:smile: but would still be at uni:/

Personally I did nto want to get married at uni - just the idea of getting married then having to go back to student accomodation or a student house, and keep studying. it felt a bit wierd to me.

So me and my wife got engaged during our final year at uni, and then our wedding was in the summer after I graduated - moved into our first flat a week later, and started my job a week after that!
Reply 16
why does it have to be under law? if you truly love your husband you don't need to be recognised as a married couple. Its easier to co habit with the person and get to know them more and also there is more responsbility when your married
Original post by fallen_acorns
Personally I did nto want to get married at uni - just the idea of getting married then having to go back to student accomodation or a student house, and keep studying. it felt a bit wierd to me.

So me and my wife got engaged during our final year at uni, and then our wedding was in the summer after I graduated - moved into our first flat a week later, and started my job a week after that!

i have similar feelings with getting married as a student, although my partner will be out of uni two years before me and hopefully be teaching at that point. our current flat doesnt feel studenty but moving into a proper house as husband and wife would be lovely:smile:

that sounds like it all worked out wonderfully for you and your wife starting your lives together:smile:
Reply 18
if thats what you believe knock yourself out but generally with the divorce rate in the uk im not taking any chances. Imagine your married to someone for like 2 years and you find out they don't want children or they hate drake. what can you do? Divorce is nasty money wise,emotionally for you,your spouse and god forbid a child aswll
my feelings exactly, to be able to call the person you love your husband/wife and for them to be part of your family

Quick Reply

Latest