The Student Room Group

Paid Holiday

How many days paid holiday a year are you entitled to if you are working 1) a five day week, 2) a three-day week 3) a two-day week?
Original post by SmallBlondiie
How many days paid holiday a year are you entitled to if you are working 1) a five day week, 2) a three-day week 3) a two-day week?

The internet is a wonderful thing!

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

Good luck!
Different jobs have different amounts. If you're job gives you the minimum 20 days + 8 statutory bank holidays then it's 1.67 days holiday per month you're there, rounded up to the nearest half day reset on 1st Jan. You can, for example, take a week off in January but then if you leave before you've accrued 5 days then you'll have the difference deducted in your pay.
Thankyou!!:smile:
Original post by Wahrheit
Different jobs have different amounts. If you're job gives you the minimum 20 days + 8 statutory bank holidays then it's 1.67 days holiday per month you're there, rounded up to the nearest half day reset on 1st Jan. You can, for example, take a week off in January but then if you leave before you've accrued 5 days then you'll have the difference deducted in your pay.

Surely the calculation is done on the 28 days not on the 20? So you accrue 2.33 days per month and your bank holidays are taken out as well. As the bank holidays aren't evenly distributed throughout the year it can make a big difference.
Original post by walterwhite123
Surely the calculation is done on the 28 days not on the 20? So you accrue 2.33 days per month and your bank holidays are taken out as well. As the bank holidays aren't evenly distributed throughout the year it can make a big difference.

No, that's only if the company lets you work on bank holidays and takes the holiday another time -mine, for example, doesn't. Bank holidays are counted entirely separately for us.
Reply 6
31.5 + bank hols
Original post by Wahrheit
No, that's only if the company lets you work on bank holidays and takes the holiday another time -mine, for example, doesn't. Bank holidays are counted entirely separately for us.

The Government website that calculates it would beg to differ.
Original post by walterwhite123
The Government website that calculates it would beg to differ.

Hmmm, it says 'the employer can include bank holidays and public holidays as part of the statutory entitlement'...the 1.67 figure was what the head of HR told me a couple of days before I made the post, so tbh I think it's down to the employer whether or not they include it.

I'm not sure though, so you if you find something which is less ambiguous please let me know because I'm interested to get to the bottom of it now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending