The Student Room Group

The Official Election Prediction Thread!

Poll

Which party/coalition will be in power after the election?

Voting day is tomorrow and it seems that no-one can guess what the possible outcome will be with it looking unlikely that anyone will get a majority.

Which party/coalition do you think will win the election?

Predict the result here and win a rep prize if you're right!

Scroll to see replies

The poll could be worded better, such as adding Conservative going as a minority government, and Labour doing the same. That's Labour's most likely scenario anyway, as they won't form a coalition with the SNP.

Plus the Tories are very likely to not get enough seats, even with Lib Debs and UKIP to gain a majority. Hence a lot of uncertainty to what will actually happen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm stuck between don't know and a Labour minority government. Part of me thinks that is the most likely outcome. Would have said an SNP/Labour deal but that seems to have been ruled out. I think Labour will form a minority and dare the SNP to vote against them
Hopefully the Tories will get a majority - however it's extremely unlikely.

The Lib Dems may go back into coalition with the Tories, it seems to have worked for the past 5 years as they were being criticised for it early on.
I'm sticking my money on Conservatives and Lib Dems getting enough seats between them to form a coalition as they have it today :yep:

I think there are a lot of undecided voters out there, who, when faced with a poll card, will vote against change (kind of how the Scottish referendum was ''too close to call'', but ended up being a relatively comfortable ''no'' vote) :yep:
Original post by Gob Bluth
The poll could be worded better, such as adding Conservative going as a minority government, and Labour doing the same. That's Labour's most likely scenario anyway, as they won't form a coalition with the SNP.

Plus the Tories are very likely to not get enough seats, even with Lib Debs and UKIP to gain a majority. Hence a lot of uncertainty to what will actually happen.

I actually ran out of poll options as 13 is the limit but can reword the Labour/Conservative ones if that would help?
Original post by Queen Cersei
I actually ran out of poll options as 13 is the limit but can reword the Labour/Conservative ones if that would help?

And the Labour/DUP one as Labour won't group with DUP. But yeah, Lab/Con will never happen so it's a pointless option. While the minority government is extremely likely, so should be the first and second options.
I think the Tories will win the election with a minority and Dave and Nick will get back together and form another coalition.
I reckon it could be Labour/SNP/Plaid Cymru
I honestly think we'll have another Conservative/Lib Dem coalition, but this time I'm not sure if together they'll actually have a majority
Lab/Con coalition
A really believe it will be a outright tory majority !
Tories winning the most seats, but with no viable coalition options as they will lose a few, the Lib Dems will lose a lot and the Tories won't be able to bring together a workable majority.
Reply 13
I'm predicting a Labour minority government.

Based on the most recent polling data, my seat predictions are:

CON 276
LAB 268
LIB DEM 27
UKIP 2
SNP 54
GREEN 1
PLAID 3
RESPECT 1

This is, of course, subject to change as a couple of polls, including an IPSOS Mori poll in the morning, are still to come.

ICM and Panelbase's final polls may suggest a slight trend in the Labour direction, but we'll need other polls to confirm this. I have factored this into my prediction though and I still think Conservatives will come out with slightly more seats.

EDIT: YouGov and Survation have them tied, so I won't be changing my predictions by much so far.
(edited 8 years ago)
Who do you think is gonna end up in power (see poll options)?
I don't really want to comment on this because I don't want to depress all my friends on here. I say keep the faith and work hard. your think a lot of things before the results come in but if you think negatively it will cause a lot of other people to just give in. What is important here is influencing different people to not vote Conservative.

We need to get the Tories out of Government because this country is turning into a Corporate Dystopia.
My ideal result would be a Labour majority but I'd be happy with a Labour/SNP coalition. Considering the Tories and Lib Dems have already managed five years together, that seems like the most likely result to me. If the Lib Dems can achieve enough seats to form a majority with the Tories, that is.
Con/Lib-Con is ideal but I have a strange feeling Labour might win majority
Labour will marginally win but the police will come out in full force with a zero-tolerance, totalitarian policy, riots will be subtly instigated, picket lines will be met with brutality, the Tories will appeal to the Queen who will reluctantly give them the vote and then the gov.t will pretend that the election was void due to the rioting, while cancelling out a small enough percentage of the electorate which they deemed 'void due to antisocial and anti-democratic behaviour' (i.e. dangerous), a percentage significant enough however to sway the election in their favour and give them a second 5 year term to further elevate the interests of the middle class, pseudo-aristocracy, MPs and corporations.

Rigged
Original post by King Farage
lol, just admit Labour suck you bitter baby

Labour are imo the lesser of 2 evils in an unjust First Past the Post system which has always relied on adversarial politics between Labour and the Conservatives (as it did between the Whigs and Tories) to get into power.

Quick Reply