The Student Room Group

CIE iGCSE Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katie.F
Yeah, I've seen it on a couple past papers. Quite simple, but just a little side not :smile:

ok cool and yeah same science isn't my strong point :P
Will there be drawings, because in 2014 Paper 62 there wasn't one.
Original post by XxChampXx
Will there be drawings, because in 2014 Paper 62 there wasn't one.

it's possible
Original post by Katie.F
Anyone doing the alt. to practical tomorrow? :s-smilie:

Yh.. can't wait
Just got back home after doing it and have to say that it went pretty well actually. Apart from labelling the orange, and a few other little ones I think I did pretty well. How did you guys find it?
Thad orange threw me off. Anybody know what was supposed to be labeled?
Reply 26
Original post by Aria Enoshima

yeh i put seeds and fleshy wall but i doubt its right
Reply 27
can you outline what all the questions were about again so i can calculate my mark#?
Original post by Aria Enoshima

I put seeds, outer layer and fleshy inner layer. Dunno though.

Can't remember most of the questions sorry
Reply 29
anyone.

what questions were on the 3rd page?
Hi just got back from doing the exam. What did everyone put for finding a more accurate method to find the diameter of the artery?
Original post by e1l2l3i4e5
Hi just got back from doing the exam. What did everyone put for finding a more accurate method to find the diameter of the artery?

i said enlarge the image or measure in micro/nanometers for greater accuracy
Reply 32
Original post by dwinnbrown
i said enlarge the image or measure in micro/nanometers for greater accuracy

i said measure diameter from different positions then take an average/mean is that correct?
Original post by Perol
i said measure diameter from different positions then take an average/mean is that correct?

it could be i'm not sure, you'd have to find a mark scheme for a past paper with a similar question and see what it says.
Yeah i put measure it in different places but wasnt sure.
Reply 35
I put measure in different places and take an average. For the comparing vein and artery question, I put outer layer/area in middle of vessel...will that be okay?
Reply 36
Very disappointed there were no food tests or graphs or classification :frown:
Original post by Katie.F
Very disappointed there were no food tests or graphs or classification :frown:

Ikr I had revised food tests so much and knew all of them off by heart. Hopefully they come up in paper 3
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PAPER?

No food tests came up, no plant nutrition, no osmosis. Most unpredictable paper ever.

For the orange I labelled the outer skin/peel, the pulp on the inside and the pith (horrible white bit).

For the one about exercise, is it ok if I said "separate into 2 groups, those who exercise those who don't", make pairs w/one from each group then etc.?
Original post by amalick1029
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PAPER?

No food tests came up, no plant nutrition, no osmosis. Most unpredictable paper ever.

For the orange I labelled the outer skin/peel, the pulp on the inside and the pith (horrible white bit).

For the one about exercise, is it ok if I said "separate into 2 groups, those who exercise those who don't", make pairs w/one from each group then etc.?

i found that paper pretty easy. i said to take one who exercises and one who doesn't. take they resting pulse rate then exercise and take readings at intervals. then record results and compare and then repeat for accuracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending