The Student Room Group

Newman University applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by glitzy08
hey, wow that is soo cool! Working in the International social café? what's that, ti sounds really interesting? :smile:

HEADstart is actually really useful, and I've also made loads of friends from people who are going to be in the same course as me and others. I'm really excited in using the Library :biggrin:

Yes, I will be buying the bus puss once my student finance comes in :smile: Thanks for all your wise words :biggrin:

Hi

Glad to hear you're looking forward to starting :smile:

The international social cafe is where a group of students meet up (both international and home students) and basically talk, play games and have free snacks! It's really fun!

It's all about getting to know eachother and learning about different cultures-all in a relaxed environment.

Speak to Tina, in the international office if you want to find out more or if you want to be part of it or even run it!

T.
Hi! I'm doing a Early Childhood Education and Care course at Newman!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's cool! I'm already at Newman doing Primary Education.
Original post by stefanielouisexx
Hi! I'm doing a Early Childhood Education and Care course at Newman!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by TerrificTeacher
That's cool! I'm already at Newman doing Primary Education.

Same here. Are you doing the QTS course?
Original post by Sarcastic Silver
Has anyone applied to/or planning on attending Newman University this autumn?

If so, what are your choices for study/possible career path?

Hi I just finished my first year at Newman and was the same last year. Im Studying business management, at first I didn't know what career path to choose but with the help of the careers service I'm looking at Marketing.
Original post by glitzy08
Heya I am planning to go there this September to do Primary Education qts :smile:

I am really looking forward to it, but I'm a little worried about the lack of meeting many people at freshers and all as it is quite small! but it is very or teaching courses apparently :smile:

what about yourself?

Don't worry! I was the same last year, I'm religious so I don't party and stuff and thought that if i miss freshers I won't make friends. I went to headstart that they run and made a lot of friends, we are all doing different courses but I still talk to them all and meet up for lunch regularly. The good thing about the uni being small is you get more out of it and can make friends a lot quicker because there's smaller groups of people. I just finished my first year and it goes round real quick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending