The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

meat eaters against halal meat?

idk why so many people have become against halal meat

Especially meat eaters

The only reason people are against halal meat is because they don't like islam/or Muslims

If you really cared about animals
WHY are you a MEAT EATER

I'm sick of people being hypocrites
Vegetarians are ok to be against halal meat because they have a valid reason

But every other tom dick and Harry are just jumping on the b wagon

Why do you care so much over HOW and animal is KILLED- your KILLING the animal by stunning

Your are selfish enough to eat animals/meat anyway
Why not eat humans

Every non muslim/vegetarian person reason is ridiculous

Idiots

P.S. I doubt anyone can even argue against my point. Noone has the guts to frankly be racist, lol british people!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think the actual argument is that animals should be killed as humanely as possible and not in some barbaric manner which causes unnecessary harm and suffering to the animal. Those are the points which you need to address, shouting out "it's just because I'm Muslim" or "you hate Muslims and Islam" is not going to help solve this issue.
Original post by Johnny Wishbone
I think the actual argument is that animals should be killed as humanely as possible and not in some barbaric manner which causes unnecessary harm and suffering to the animal. Those are the points which you need to address, shouting out "it's just because I'm Muslim" or "you hate Muslims and Islam" is not going to help solve this issue.

Well that is the reason and people actually do take a dislike to Muslims or Islam but that hasn't got them anywhere yet so that's why they are nitpicking.

Don't forget there was a time we used to be barbaric'' to animals before stunning- caveman times- tribe times. So actually killing and animal isn't humane.

Simple.

If you are against animal torture- then why would you want to eat a dead animal! That is my argument and no I won't change it.

Vegan and vegetarian people have more backbone to their reasoning
Original post by hosockz
Well that is the reason and people actually do take a dislike to Muslims or Islam but that hasn't got them anywhere yet so that's why they are nitpicking.

Don't forget there was a time we used to be barbaric'' to animals before stunning- caveman times- tribe times. So actually killing and animal isn't humane.

Simple.

If you are against animal torture- then why would you want to eat a dead animal! That is my argument and no I won't change it.

Vegan and vegetarian people have more backbone to their reasoning

Whether or not people are morally justified in eating animals is another question altogether. The whole argument is that we shouldn't be stuck in those "caveman times" when there are other more humane methods available.
Ahh who cares. **** Islam and all that, but it's such an insignificant thing to get all pissy about when compared to the holocaust that is the animal farming industry in general. Not that I don't still eat it... tastes good...

Actually, the way Halal meat is sacrificed is the most humane way possible. The necks are cut through the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe (thank you gcse biology). This basically means that the animal dies quickly and painlessly. On top of that, all blood is drained from the animal's body, so it's actually healthier.

With stunning, you're basically paralysing the animal, so it's still alive, and can feel the pain it's going through. Stunning also causes the animal's blood to clot, which is why it's not as healthy as Halal meat.
Original post by amalick1029
Actually, the way Halal meat is sacrificed is the most humane way possible. The necks are cut through the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe (thank you gcse biology). This basically means that the animal dies quickly and painlessly. On top of that, all blood is drained from the animal's body, so it's actually healthier.

With stunning, you're basically paralysing the animal, so it's still alive, and can feel the pain it's going through. Stunning also causes the animal's blood to clot, which is why it's not as healthy as Halal meat.

http://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter
Follow the link at the bottom entitled slaughter without pre-stunning.

Look at this report written earlier this year by the RSPCA, a non-biased animal rights group, it clearly states that animals killed via religious methods (halal or kosher) suffer more than animals slaughtered in the conventional method. It also states that 84% of halal slaughter is pre-stunned. If they were all pre-stunned there would be no issue. It is only because we don't know the difference between cruel halal slaughter and humane halal slaughter that I avoid eating any halal food. Of course that's assuming all halal meat is labelled as such. Every non biased animal rights organisation is against killing without pre-stunning.

If every animal was pre-stunned and people were still moaning about halal food, then you have reason to shout islamophobia, until then you do not.
(edited 8 years ago)

Source?

Or did you make it up?
Original post by DiddyDec
Source?

Or did you make it up?

Our butcher explained to us how halal meat is slaughtered.

As a Muslim, in my opinion, if a place says it's halal, and has a certificate, then it's halal, and I can eat it. If it turns out that they lied, the sin is really on the person who falsely told me the meat was halal.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin

Look at this report written earlier this year by the RSPCA, a non-biased animal rights group, it clearly states that animals killed via religious methods (halal or kosher) suffer more than animals slaughtered in the conventional method. It also states that 84% of halal slaughter is pre-stunned. If they were all pre-stunned there would be no issue. It is only because we don't know the difference between cruel halal slaughter and humane halal slaughter that I avoid eating any halal food. Of course that's assuming all halal meat is labelled as such. Every non biased animal rights organisation is against killing without pre-stunning.

If every animal was pre-stunned and people were still moaning about halal food, then you have reason to shout islamophobia, until then you do not.

that is exactly why i m not comfortable eating halal meat, no clue if they ve been stunned or not so wouldnt know if it was humane or not

As a Muslim, in my opinion, if a place says it's halal, and has a certificate, then it's halal, and I can eat it. If it turns out that they lied, the sin is really on the person who falsely told me the meat was halal.

So you are using anecdotal evidence from a very biased source?

In other words, you made it up.

So your halal butcher explained how halal slaughter is the most painless and humane way to slaughter an animal?

Seems legit.
Whether or not people are morally justified in eating animals is another question altogether. The whole argument is that we shouldn't be stuck in those "caveman times" when there are other more humane methods available.

Original post by claireestelle
that is exactly why i m not comfortable eating halal meat, no clue if they ve been stunned or not so wouldnt know if it was humane or not

Original post by h3isenberg
So your halal butcher explained how halal slaughter is the most painless and humane way to slaughter an animal?

Seems legit.

1. I didn't shout out islamaphobia, I think that word is stupid.
It is called racism not a phobia lol.

2. How can you actually SERIOUSLY say that there is a humane way to killing

KILLING IS NOT HUMANE

don't be a sheep, be a leader. If you don't follow a religion, then you have the right to make your own morals? You are just listening to scientists or psychologists- who admit that their tests have DISADVNTAGES which people like to ignore

have you forgotten that incorrect stunning or in worse case scenario, the animal can suffer a painful death.

Also there are plenty people worldwide who still chop of the neck of the animal.

If you are not a vegan or vegetarian then your reasoning for not eating halal meat is just petty. IF you don't like it then you don't like it.

Why ban it altogether.

It is double standard, you would eat farm meat but you wouldn't eat your pet dog.. [for example.]

you are going to eat a dead animal by the end of it.
There is no double standard, if offered a painful death or a painless death, I know I'd vote painless. I've come to terms with eating dead animals, I'm cautious with my food, as I'm always aware that an animal died to make it. I've tried to be a vegetarian and I know that I cannot do it, it leaves me with too little energy, I feel guilty about it, but I cannot stop eating meat. What I can do is mitigate the harm I'm causing by making sure the animal does not suffer, some halal slaughtered animals suffer horribly and thus I don't eat it. There is no double standard.
Original post by hosockz
idk why so many people have become against halal meat

Especially meat eaters

The only reason people are against halal meat is because they don't like islam/or Muslims

If you really cared about animals
WHY are you a MEAT EATER

I'm sick of people being hypocrites
Vegetarians are ok to be against halal meat because they have a valid reason

But every other tom dick and Harry are just jumping on the b wagon

Why do you care so much over HOW and animal is KILLED- your KILLING the animal by stunning

Your are selfish enough to eat animals/meat anyway
Why not eat humans

Every non muslim/vegetarian person reason is ridiculous

Idiots

P.S. I doubt anyone can even argue against my point. Noone has the guts to frankly be racist, lol british people!

True. I wouldn't worry though, as political correctness (the State religion) is gradually unravelled, you will hear plenty of people openly expressing this opinion. These codes arise in any society which suppresses free speech.

Experts confirm halal slaughter to be more painful than non halal…and reason people don't want halal is due to (a) animals and decencies, and (b) we object to paying for halal certification and having this inflicted on us when we aren't muslim
Ive seen videos secretly filmed in halal slaughterhouses…DONT try and tell us its 'humane'….facts prove otherwise
There is no double standard, if offered a painful death or a painless death, I know I'd vote painless. I've come to terms with eating dead animals, I'm cautious with my food, as I'm always aware that an animal died to make it. I've tried to be a vegetarian and I know that I cannot do it, it leaves me with too little energy, I feel guilty about it, but I cannot stop eating meat. What I can do is mitigate the harm I'm causing by making sure the animal does not suffer, some halal slaughtered animals suffer horribly and thus I don't eat it. There is no double standard.

Original post by Aussiekiwi
Experts confirm halal slaughter to be more painful than non halal…and reason people don't want halal is due to (a) animals and decencies, and (b) we object to paying for halal certification and having this inflicted on us when we aren't muslim
Ive seen videos secretly filmed in halal slaughterhouses…DONT try and tell us its 'humane'….facts prove otherwise

Yeah there are loads of poor people around who do the slaughtering in private- you don't know what they get up to without wardens or cameras around. There is nothing to come to terms with with meat eating, you CHOSE to take away animal rights just so you can eat them, whichever way you kill them, it is inhumane and in no way decent.

You just like meat, Simple. There is no need banning something that doesn't affect you. It is double standards because you people are still killing an animal. At the end of it the animal is still

Slaughtered.
A missed stun is even more painful
Do u know what paralyse means? It means the animal is still alive and can still feel stuff.
Scientific test have self proclaimed disadvantages in their design and results. Don't forget that.

I'm sure you're not a vegan and you kill insects and you spray toxins which kill other small creatures?
'Halal method of killing the animal is unethical'... Well what is the 'right way' to kill? You can't rank a pain which you haven't experienced.
Original post by quentinhamilton
'Halal method of killing the animal is unethical'... Well what is the 'right way' to kill? You can't rank a pain which you haven't experienced.

Nicely Put.

Also. there are poverty striken people world wide or those living in tribes possibly, who still hunt down and kill animals this way.

Latest

Trending

Trending