The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Phonicsdude
Refresh my braaaaine...

Refused to admit the better team won, even though his team failed to score a single goal in 180 mins.
Repeatedly harps on about the goal everytime he meets, and somehow misses the fact is was a red card, and penalty if it hadnt of stood.
calderstonesLFC
Refused to admit the better team won, even though his team failed to score a single goal in 180 mins.
Repeatedly harps on about the goal everytime he meets, and somehow misses the fact is was a red card, and penalty if it hadnt of stood.

Have and not of. Intelligence huh? :rolleyes:

Plenty of managers do that with their own team or to paraphrase Wenger, "I didn't see it."
calderstonesLFC
and no respect for some of the greatest managers and teams.

Now that's wrong. He clearly has the greatest respect for Sir Alex Ferguson.
NDGAARONDI
Now that's wrong. He clearly has the greatest respect for Sir Alex Ferguson.

I said some.
NDGAARONDI
Have and not of. Intelligence huh? :rolleyes:

Plenty of managers do that with their own team or to paraphrase Wenger, "I didn't see it."

Blaaar im not in school, spelling isnt my forte outside of the classroom.
loobylou1987
Jose mourinho is leaving Chelsea in the summer for Inter Milan. I know some people either love or hate him, but what i reckon he has livened up the premiership-Anyone gonna miss his antics and constant complaints about refs decisons?

And you get your info from where?
Reply 86
Mourinho won't want to leave till he's remembered in the same breath as Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Busby, Chapman and Ferguson. And he's got a helluva long way to go yet.
Nah he ain't gonna leave chelsea yet, only time he will leave is if the National Portugal team approach him.
kpg
Mourinho won't want to leave till he's remembered in the same breath as Paisley, Shankly, Clough, Busby, Chapman and Ferguson. And he's got a helluva long way to go yet.

No chance of that every, ever happening. No matter how much he wins.
Pasiley,Shankly,Clough and Busby were all great characters of the game. Were as Jose is just an enemy.
Cant comment on chapman, and my view on ferguson is incredibly blinkered.
Here's a question: If both left now, who do you think would be remembered as the greater manager, Mourinho or Benitez? I think it would be Benitez if I'm honest.
Liam The Eagle
Here's a question: If both left now, who do you think would be remembered as the greater manager, Mourinho or Benitez? I think it would be Benitez if I'm honest.

Benitez without doubt.
One took a bunch of under-achieving, average players to a european title on a limited budget and went about it with some of the best tactical games ever played and dignity.
One took a bounch of prima-dona world class players to a league title, on the backing of a bottomless pit of money and did it with a swagger of arrogance.
How many world class players does Chelsea exactly have?
calderstonesLFC
Not to forget their team had only one shot on target over the two legs. The 'shot on target' being a hopeless one from like 35 yards or something.

Forgive me if I'm wrong anyone :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Chelsea were well liked under Gullit/Vialli as far as I know.

I liked Chelsea when they were still under Ranieri.
NDGAARONDI
How many world class players does Chelsea exactly have?

Petr Cech
Carlo Cudicini
John Terry
William Gallas
Claude Makelele
Frank Lampard
Michael Essien
Joe Cole
Arjen Robben
Hernan Crespo

10 World Class players right there. Thats not even considering Damien Duff, Ricardo Carvalho or SWP
Reply 95
calderstonesLFC
Benitez without doubt.
One took a bunch of under-achieving, average players to a european title on a limited budget and went about it with some of the best tactical games ever played and dignity.
One took a bounch of prima-dona world class players to a league title, on the backing of a bottomless pit of money and did it with a swagger of arrogance.

Benitez without a doubt? do you even know what Mourinho did before he came to Chelsea?
calderstonesLFC
Benitez without doubt.

The first one describes Mourinho at Porto?

What Mourinho has achieved in the very little time he has been managing is unparalelled.
Bentez has been in it far longer and has the benefit of a lot more experience. Per year Mourinho's trophy count must surely wipe the floor with Benitez.

Benitez would be remembered as the better manager, but when Mourinho hits 50 he will be viewed as the first global superstar of a manager.
I'm talking about British collective memory. No one in England will remember Mourinho for winning things at Porto.

The fact of the matter is, Benitez brought the glory days back to the most successful British club in history, and became only the third manager to win the european Cup with Liverpool I believe (along with Paisley and Shankly). Whereas Mourinho won the Premiership once, lets say twice because they've obviously won it this year, and one FA Cup, with unlimited resources.
Phonicsdude

he has shown wit,

:confused:
Phonicsdude

What Mourinho has achieved in the very little time he has been managing is unparalelled.

Mourinho:

2003 Uefa Cup Winner

2004 Champions League Winner

2004 Portuguese Domestic League Title

Benitez:

2004 Uefa Cup Winner

2005 Champions League Winner

2004 Spanish Domestic League Winner

The only difference between the two is that Benitez won a harder league and has done it with two different teams and won his European double more recently. Mourinho is anything but unparalleled

Latest