The Student Room Group

Accepts friend request and then ignores me?

There is a girl on FB who I don't know at all personally but I do know a couple of her family members so we have a few mutual friends, so I added her and she accepted it

The reason I added her is because a lot of stuff in her personal life that she posts about is similar to what's going on in mine so I felt she would be someone interesting to talk to about this stuff because I very rarely meet anyone to talk about these kinds of things with, also we have kids of the same age, etc and a seemingly a lot in common, so i sent her a simple short message to start a conversation off and she didn't reply at all, and FB also indicates that she didn't even open the message because there is no 'seen at' stamp next to it.

Even now she is sharing stuff and posting stuff that I would wanna talk about with her.

This is not a person who adds hundreds and thousands of strangers to their FB and just accepts anyone, she has about 110 friends and most are work colleagues and family members, and friends of family.

I didn't send her another message, Just wanted to know why someone would accept someone they don't know as a friend but then ignore when you try to be friendly with them? Do girls think that any guy who messages them is trying to initiate a romantic interest or something?
Reply 1
I think accepting someone's friend request is bit different to then starting a conversation with them, especially as you haven't met.
If she sounds like someone you want to be friends with perhaps ask mutual friends if there is a way you can meet at a social event to get the ball rolling?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending