The Student Room Group

Does anyone else psychologically analyse their behaviour?

Or is that weird??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think i have done so/do.

could you elaborate?
Yeah but I think I'm just sort of, psychologically minded if that's a thing. I have a psychology degree and I just think a lot too. It doesn't help that I'm one of those really weird people so there is arguably a lot to analyse! I wouldn't have it any other way though. It shows self awareness as well.
I'm not sure I analyse my behavior, but I do my own thoughts an awful lot.
Yes I've made close to 300 threads doing so
Reply 5
Original post by DominicRCWC
i think i have done so/do.

could you elaborate?

Like I look at all my actions and think of all the subconscious reasons why I could've behaved that way based on my upbringing and life experiences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only as of recent, I always tended to do things without thinking and brush them off as character but now I know about psychology and analysis I have analysed myself and have come up with a few hypothesis' for some of my character traits, personalities and actions.

It's good because if you find the cause of the problem you can change

Just make sure you don't over analyse yourself and come up with false allegations against yourself accusing yourself of stuff you're not otherwise you'll end of like Smash Bandicoot
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by channies
Like I look at all my actions and think of all the subconscious reasons why I could've behaved that way based on my upbringing and life experiences

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhhh right, i dont think ive gone that deep as to think about my upbringing and life experiences. mines just more of overthinking and thinking if i did this, what couldve happened, or maybe if i said something was it offensive or am i overthinking or overreacting.

x)
Reply 8
I don't analyse my own behaviour but I analyse other people's behaviour...
i do think about my own behaviour sometimes, i m going to be a mental health nurse so do equally spend time thinking about other peoples behaviour too
Original post by claireestelle
i do think about my own behaviour sometimes, i m going to be a mental health nurse so do equally spend time thinking about other peoples behaviour too

Yep, that'll do it too! :biggrin:
Only during leap years :fluffy:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Only as of recent, I always tended to do things without thinking and brush them off as character but now I know about psychology and analysis I have analysed myself and have come up with a few hypothesis' for some of my character traits, personalities and actions.

It's good because if you find the cause of the problem you can change

Just make sure you don't over analyse yourself and come up with false allegations against yourself accusing yourself of stuff you're not otherwise you'll end of like Smash Bandicoot

Stuff I'm not?

But it is transparent that I am a beta male :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:
Reply 13
if everyone could analyse themselves, than why should we study almost 10years to become a psychologist?
I think pretty much everyone who's studied psychology at some point begins to subconsciously apply it to real life. I only took it for A-level but it has affected the way I read people around me.
Obsessively
Yes, I'm introspective :smile:
ye I always review how I've acted and whether it's acceptable etc.

Did it too much in the past tbh lol. I'm a strategist and it ends up going on forever so had to cut down lmao. Subjects like that are like a web of infinite possibilities. Can spend an eternity going down all the different threads.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah and I have concluded I must have some psychological problems to be honest. Not sure what exactly, I have considered every mentall illness and personality disorder imaginable, I seem to fit the criteria for most of them. I'm a hipohondriac or however you spell it :colondollar:
I guess I can give some evidence of what Schro means by over-analysing. I've been up until 6am reading through the list of things women hate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/236wp3/girls_of_reddit_what_things_do_guys_do_to_impress/

It's literally 5000 posts about what women hate or find annoying, any form of trying to impress followed by 'but just be yourself'. This is feeding my inner neurotic because I am finding it difficult to cater to all these people's (erroneous?) expectations. Some of the things make sense like don't be a douchebro, everyone knows this but seriously apparently playing an instrument is a turn-off, if you brag about it then you're out, if you don't but end up playing but you suck you're out, if you show insecurity about it or throw a pity party about not being rest you're out. You have to cover all the bases and do everything with expertise, effortlessly. This feeds into the inferiority complex/perfectionism that I mention on Torpid Phil's post re: my siblings, and combined with an eye test at 10.30 and the election where I'm afraid of being screwed over again, the shadows on the wall are watching me tonight.

Original post by driftawaay
Yeah and I have concluded I must have some psychological problems to be honest. Not sure what exactly, I have considered every mentall illness and personality disorder imaginable, I seem to fit the criteria for most of them. I'm a hipohondriac or however you spell it :colondollar:

*hypochondriac FWIW

please don't trivialise mental illnesses and personality disorders, my functioning is impaired as a result of my anxiety

Quick Reply

Latest