The Student Room Group

I can't get over a girl I loved years ago

Recently my feelings resurfaced and I've been checking up on her facebook all the time. I never told her how I felt and I always felt there was some hope. She said she also loved me, but I never asked her out (or I did but never took her up on it) because she lived quite far away and life just went by so fast.

She's got a new bf I think she's moved on, it's been two years since I last spoke to her. And I can't help check up on her facebook all the time. Sometimes she posts things which I think are a indirect mention to me, or showing her reaction to something without formally communicating with me. I've never known if this was legit cause I never had the courage to speak to her again.

I want to know how I can forget her. I've already deleted her of my social networking but I still find myself drawn to her profile. Should I block her or should I deactivate my profile? This is making me really depressed, and I'm usually hard as **** and nothing bothers me. I literally want to forget about her but at the same time I can't imagine a future without her.
I think we can both see it's time for you to get into a new relationship. So start seeking, even on here. I heard of TSRians who met up and even made babies.
But seriously just block her on fb and I'm not sure if she's making indirect posts about you or it's all in your head.
Reply 2
Original post by SuckMeBeautiful
I think we can both see it's time for you to get into a new relationship. So start seeking, even on here. I heard of TSRians who met up and even made babies.
But seriously just block her on fb and I'm not sure if she's making indirect posts about you or it's all in your head.

I'm alright looking in real life, I get compliments some times. But understand how much she means to me. When girls have shown interest I haven't reciprocated because of how much she means to me. And this is crazy, I haven't even spoken to her in 2 years. This can't be normal. I don't know why but I'm scared about blocking her, but I just want to get rid of this pain..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Recently my feelings resurfaced and I've been checking up on her facebook all the time. I never told her how I felt and I always felt there was some hope. She said she also loved me, but I never asked her out (or I did but never took her up on it) because she lived quite far away and life just went by so fast.

She's got a new bf I think she's moved on, it's been two years since I last spoke to her. And I can't help check up on her facebook all the time. Sometimes she posts things which I think are a indirect mention to me, or showing her reaction to something without formally communicating with me. I've never known if this was legit cause I never had the courage to speak to her again.

I want to know how I can forget her. I've already deleted her of my social networking but I still find myself drawn to her profile. Should I block her or should I deactivate my profile? This is making me really depressed, and I'm usually hard as **** and nothing bothers me. I literally want to forget about her but at the same time I can't imagine a future without her.

That's your fault you should have pursued her when you had the chance now it's gone now, she even confessed in you that she loved you, yet you still let time fly by. I don't know you could stay friends with her and see where her relationship with her current bf goes, and if it flops then you can be on the receiving end and when he slips take her from him.:wink2:

But look 2 years is a lot of time, you had more then enough time. Nothing you can do to change the past,but try and find a new partner and if things don't work with her and her bf then you can make your move.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm alright looking in real life, I get compliments some times. But understand how much she means to me. When girls have shown interest I haven't reciprocated because of how much she means to me. And this is crazy, I haven't even spoken to her in 2 years. This can't be normal. I don't know why but I'm scared about blocking her, but I just want to get rid of this pain..

Two years is a long time, she's probably not even the same person she used to be. Maybe take solace in the fact that your probably "in love" with the idea of her rather than who she is now. Honestly is it a little strange that your so hung up on someone who you never dated and haven't spoken to in 2 years but people are different and some get attached more than others. Definitely block her, sounds like your sacred to do this because you don't want to cut all ties and want to leave the door open but realistically nothing is going to happen. Just block her and move on with your life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Maradiah
That's your fault you should have pursued her when you had the chance now it's gone now, she even confessed in you that she loved you, yet you still let time fly by. I don't know you could stay friends with her and see where her relationship with her current bf goes, and if it flops then you can be on the receiving end and when he slips take her from him.:wink2:

But look 2 years is a lot of time, you had more then enough time. Nothing you can do to change the past,but try and find a new partner and if things don't work with her and her bf then you can make your move.

I know I should have and I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life probably. I can't wait for that.. As much as I love this girl and want her I don't want to live that way where I'm waiting for others happiness to fail.. i really am ****ed

People like you piss me off. You're losing your mind over something you never had in first place... :K:
(edited 8 years ago)
Actually no, I knew a guy and it's also been like ages since I last spoke to him. We don't talk...I have moved on...but I still think about him. I wonder what he's doing sometimes and if he misses me. I wonder what my life would have been like if I was to be with him. 2 years, doesn't mean she's a different person anymore. If you feel like you guys had a connection then maybe she thinks about you too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending