The Student Room Group

English Literature 2015 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Finnskilongmuir
Are you doing Part (A) or (B) ?

What do you mean
Original post by priceyyy27
What do you mean

For Section C...you have Part (a) which is the theme based question...and then part (b) on the extract! Apologises for not clarifying!!
Original post by chromesilver7
Hasn't the theme of men come up already??

Just learn key quotes and apply them into a well developed answer...

I mean how do you analyse form and structure from the quotes for AO2?
I'm doing To Kill A Mockingbird on the 18th May, any predictions?
I'm doing Pride & Prejudice, hoping for a love/marriage/role of women one as the character question will probably be about the males and I'm not so confident with those when it comes to characterisation and context! The last question on the role of women was in May 2012 so quite a while ago, and as far as I know love and marriage haven't come up recently at all. Fingers crossed!
Anyone able to help out with key revision for Brighton Rock and A Clockwork Orange. stressing out and its tomorrow!!
Having the same problem here !!
Think im going to revise the key themes and hopefully that will get me somewhere :/
Original post by thefoodieteen
I'm doing Pride & Prejudice, hoping for a love/marriage/role of women one as the character question will probably be about the males and I'm not so confident with those when it comes to characterisation and context! The last question on the role of women was in May 2012 so quite a while ago, and as far as I know love and marriage haven't come up recently at all. Fingers crossed!

I'm doing 'Pride and Prejudice' too. I hope it's gonna be a theme-based question. The last two years' questions are quite method-based so maybe this year it's gonna be about a theme. Finger crossed!
Anyway, what poems are you doing? I'm doing land.
Original post by aaambxr
I'm doing Jane Eyre and The Magic Toyshop, is it weird that I'm kind of excited for this exam?! Knowing my luck a question on irony will come up, I literally have no idea how I would write a whole essay on it. Symbolism hasn't come up for a while, neither has appearance vs reality. I would be soooo happy if it was on dramatic scenes and settings but that's come up twice already.

Good Luck to everyone doing this exam!! 🍀🍀

Hi, I'm also doing these novels! How are you preparing for the exam? :smile:

And what do you think will come up? I don't think religion will bc there's not much to say about TMTS, but I think Role of Men or the Supernatural? Also that question about irony?! I would also have no idea what to write, any pointers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Anybody doing home poetry? And yeah hoping a thene based question comes up!
Reply 31
I'm doing home!!
Think predictions for Section A could be Rhyme, Imagery and Voice!! what do you all think?
Reply 33
Yep I deffo agree with that..
Do you known the forms of the home poems? I'm struggling
Original post by Finnskilongmuir
Think predictions for Section A could be Rhyme, Imagery and Voice!! what do you all think?

I also hope it's gonna be like that. Rhyme, for me, is among the easiest to write about.
Anyone doing Home poetry do you know any links for these poems: 'The wind at the door', 'One Flesh' and 'The Toys'
Who's doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea? & or Land poems?
Original post by hannah123.
Who's doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea? & or Land poems?

I'm doing land poems - The Rattle Bag anthology.
I hope they don't ask about 'The Bight' or 'A survey' or any of the T.S. Eliot's poems.
Reply 39
Does anyone know a good structure to follow for each question?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending