The Student Room Group

DSA Timescales

Does anyone know what the timescale between an assessment being sent to SFE and SFE approving it (or not as the case may be). Thanks
2 weeks sometimes quicker

http://www.yourdsa.com/FAQ/#howlong_dsa
Original post by kahinalouise
2 weeks sometimes quicker

http://www.yourdsa.com/FAQ/#howlong_dsa

Thank you
Reply 3
What about a reply to an initial application?
I sent mine on 23rd April and nothing yet. How long can I expect to wait for a reply / instruction to book an assessment?
Thanks
That's what i was answering because of the bank holiday, its probably delayed. If you don't get anything next week get in contact and ask.
I got an email before I got a letter so hopefully you will get one soon. :smile:
Reply 5
That's what i was answering because of the bank holiday, its probably delayed. If you don't get anything next week get in contact and ask.
I got an email before I got a letter so hopefully you will get one soon. :smile:

Thank you
I got confused thinking you were talking about the time between the assessment that you book after the initial application and final approval.
Thank you for clarifying it for me. The process is pretty complicated.
I will chase if I don't hear next week - guess it is because of the bank holiday.
Original post by fw1
Thank you ������
I got confused thinking you were talking about the time between the assessment that you book after the initial application and final approval.
Thank you for clarifying it for me. The process is pretty complicated.
I will chase if I don't hear next week - guess it is because of the bank holiday.

That's okay, I think they say 2 weeks for everything lol.
I understand, I'm going through it at the moment :redface:, I had my needs assessment today.

Feel free to ask me anything and you can pm me if you want.
Reply 7
That's okay, I think they say 2 weeks for everything lol.
I understand, I'm going through it at the moment :redface:, I had my needs assessment today.

Feel free to ask me anything and you can pm me if you want.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate that. Did your assessment go ok?
Original post by fw1
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that. Did your assessment go ok?

That's okay.

It went much better than I thought. I have autism and the man had a good understanding of how my condition could affect me and had great insight into it and was very easy to talk to.
It was split up in to sections and we went through the relevant ones in detail, he interpreted what I said and made suggestions.

He showed me lots of software that will be helpful aswell. He also explained what happens next and was willing to answer questions I had.
I got more out of it than I thought and wasn't stressful at all.
Reply 9

Just got the approval letter by email :-) so it clearly was the bank holiday.
Now for the needs assessment - but that sounds ok I guess.
Original post by fw1
Just got the approval letter by email :-) so it clearly was the bank holiday.
Now for the needs assessment - but that sounds ok I guess.

I'm glad you've received it :smile:.
The needs assessment is the simplest part. Good luck with it and I hope you get the support you need for uni.
Reply 11
I'm glad you've received it :smile:.
The needs assessment is the simplest part. Good luck with it and I hope you get the support you need for uni.

Thanks! Hope it goes really well for you too.

Quick Reply

Latest