The Student Room Group

Struggling to find a placement

I'm in my second year of Creative Writing and English Language, and for my Language at Work module we have to do a three week placement.

I wanted to work in a theatre, but none of them have got back to me and those that have cannot offer me anything. I've looked at newspapers and radio stations too, but none of them have replied.

I was just wondering if anyone having to complete a similar placement could share where they went and if it was enjoyable? Mine would have to be in North/East Yorkshire but let me know what you have done/are doing for your placement!

Thanks!
Original post by Scotus
I'm in my second year of Creative Writing and English Language, and for my Language at Work module we have to do a three week placement.

I wanted to work in a theatre, but none of them have got back to me and those that have cannot offer me anything. I've looked at newspapers and radio stations too, but none of them have replied.

I was just wondering if anyone having to complete a similar placement could share where they went and if it was enjoyable? Mine would have to be in North/East Yorkshire but let me know what you have done/are doing for your placement!

Thanks!

How about working with children? Such as a daycare, nursery or a school? Looking at how kids talk/develop their language? Or looking at how kids communicate through creative language?

If you like kids, then I suppose it'd be a good aspect you could look into?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending