The Student Room Group

Grey's Anatomy

So who here loves Grey's Anatomy?
I have loved this show since it started buy I must admit, lately its been going downhill in the last few seasons.

What's everyone's favourite or most memorable moments from show? The ultimate Grey's moment for me was when Meredith realised John Doe was George when he wrote out '007'on her hand. Did not see that coming! To me, that was classic Grey's.

Have you guys been enjoying season 11? I feel like I only watch it now mostly out of loyalty to the show and not as much enjoyment as I used to.

The show also has great music and introduced me to some great bands such as Umbrellas, Tegan and Sara etc.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I'm fairly new to the Grey's Anatomy fan club. Seen all ten seasons but have not yet seen Season 11 (although it got spoiled for me on that other thread).

I can't remember that episode. My favourite episode has to be the one Callie and Arizona had the car accident in Season 8 (the singing episode). I only really developed a liking for characters as the seasons went on, Alex and Christina in particular. Not really a massive fan of Meredith or Derek, nor their relationship. Personally, I find Jackson and April's relationship much better. Love them!
Reply 2
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I'm fairly new to the Grey's Anatomy fan club. Seen all ten seasons but have not yet seen Season 11 (although it got spoiled for me on that other thread).

I can't remember that episode. My favourite episode has to be the one Callie and Arizona had the car accident in Season 8 (the singing episode). I only really developed a liking for characters as the seasons went on, Alex and Christina in particular. Not really a massive fan of Meredith or Derek, nor their relationship. Personally, I find Jackson and April's relationship much better. Love them!

The musical episode is hit or miss with most fans :tongue: I didn't mind it. It was a nice change at least. I'm not a fan of Meredith much now. I used to really like her at the start but she has became kinda bitchy and whiney as the seasons went on.

My favourite couple was Cristina and Owen. They seemed like the most real couple. I was sad when Cristina left. Every original character seems to be leaving the show now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was a big fan but enjoying it less and less now
i definitely agree with the only watching it for loyalty thing.
Reply 5
Thinking of watching Grey's right from the start though its going to suck as it'll only make me miss all the original characters who have left now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
The musical episode is hit or miss with most fans :tongue: I didn't mind it. It was a nice change at least. I'm not a fan of Meredith much now. I used to really like her at the start but she has became kinda bitchy and whiney as the seasons went on.

My favourite couple was Cristina and Owen. They seemed like the most real couple. I was sad when Cristina left. Every original character seems to be leaving the show now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved Cristina and Owen too. I was gutted that Cristina left, especially without her having a big emotional goodbye scene with Owen.
Thinking of watching Grey's right from the start though its going to suck as it'll only make me miss all the original characters who have left now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just forget you know they left/died:P i might do the same, pretend derek isnt dead while i watch it
Reply 8
i am new to the grey's anatomy clan, but i love it already! im only on the second season but i cant wait to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by amber.ra
i am new to the grey's anatomy clan, but i love it already! im only on the second season but i cant wait to finish

Posted from TSR Mobile

who is your fave character in it so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
What did you guys think of season 11s finale?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg GREYS

I literally started the show less than 2 months ago and I'm up to date now. I can honestly say it's my favourite show... ever and I watch A LOT of shows.

Also miss George and Christina, but I'm glad Alex is there for Mer now since she needs a 'person'.

I want Izzy to come back for just 1 or 2 episodes to see what happened to her since she left Grey Sloan Memorial (or Seattle Grace/Mercy West).

Favourite characters are Callie Mer and April

Favourite episode(s) were the two episodes on the shooting. I really liked Bailey before the shooting but she started to change after the shooting and then she got annoying

(Had to edit out the parts about the airplane because some people aren't up to date yet, but I miss those characters a lot, in fact they were my favourites but **** happens :frown: )
(edited 8 years ago)
What did you guys think of season 11s finale?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slightly lame and uneventful. When I was on Season 10, everyone was telling me that something huge happens at the end of Season 11. It turned out I was waiting for a bomb to drop in the finale when that bomb had already dropped a couple of episodes earlier with you know what happening. Don't get me wrong, I thought that was big for Grey's, but I was expecting something even bigger going by the reaction and hype I was being fed.

Love the show, but was thoroughly disappointed when Sandra Oh left the show. I'll keep watching anyway. People had me thinking I wouldn't want to watch Series 12, but I don't feel that way at all.
I started watching the show about 3 years ago and I fell in love straight away (Meredith and Alex have always been my favourites from series 1) it's easily one of my favourite shows.

*SPOILERS*
I was really really upset when Derek left but he wasn't killed off for entertainment but because Patrick Dempsey wanted to leave and focus on his racing so it made me feel better. Also, people suffer losses like this in their real life and I think people forget that when watching shows like Greys. I'd also like to thank the people who save lives daily and aren't told what to say or what to do.
Original post by SwiftsGrey
I started watching the show about 3 years ago and I fell in love straight away (Meredith and Alex have always been my favourites from series 1) it's easily one of my favourite shows.

*SPOILERS*
I was really really upset when Derek left but he wasn't killed off for entertainment but because Patrick Dempsey wanted to leave and focus on his racing so it made me feel better. Also, people suffer losses like this in their real life and I think people forget that when watching shows like Greys. I'd also like to thank the people who save lives daily and aren't told what to say or what to do.

I think he deserved a better death than that but hopefully the 12th season will be good without him
Original post by claireestelle
I think he deserved a better death than that but hopefully the 12th season will be good without him

Given everything he went through with Meredith across the first 10 seasons, a truck crashing into his car seemed a disappointingly simple and anti-climatic way to go, I'd say.

I'd like to say the show will be fine without him, but I know how many people love Derek. To be honest I'd have been more upset if Yang (at the end of Season 10) had been killed off, or Callie.
Original post by Reluire
Given everything he went through with Meredith across the first 10 seasons, a truck crashing into his car seemed a disappointingly simple and anti-climatic way to go, I'd say.

I'd like to say the show will be fine without him, but I know how many people love Derek. To be honest I'd have been more upset if Yang (at the end of Season 10) had been killed off, or Callie.

It was the worst written death for me, like they didnt respect the character
Original post by claireestelle
It was the worst written death for me, like they didnt respect the character

It certainly wasn't very creative, that's for sure. After all, who stops mid-way through a U-turn in the road to look at their phone? I can see why people are pissed off with Shonda Rhimes.
Reply 18
I've watched greys anatomy about a million times, but after the plane crash i think it just started to go down hill from there. Dereks death did not give him justice at all, it was full of anomalies and the way he died because of a brain injury was so ironic that it just made it stupid and spoiled it completely. He may have been a hero earlier but Shonda did not give his character the send off he deserved and having Meredith not call Amelia about Derek that was just ridiculous.
The 2 hour episode after that had only a few good scenes (one with Amelia and Owen stood out for me) and all the stuff with Ben and Bailey was just not needed. I also find how Meredith being pregnant with his child was such a cliche.
What are everyone esles thoughts?
Reply 19
Original post by Ormitta
I've watched greys anatomy about a million times, but after the plane crash i think it just started to go down hill from there. Dereks death did not give him justice at all, it was full of anomalies and the way he died because of a brain injury was so ironic that it just made it stupid and spoiled it completely. He may have been a hero earlier but Shonda did not give his character the send off he deserved and having Meredith not call Amelia about Derek that was just ridiculous.
The 2 hour episode after that had only a few good scenes (one with Amelia and Owen stood out for me) and all the stuff with Ben and Bailey was just not needed. I also find how Meredith being pregnant with his child was such a cliche.
What are everyone esles thoughts?

Pretty much agree you with 100% on every point you have mentioned. I'm surprised that the show is getting renewed for another season. I don't know what else the show can really do now. I felt Derek's death and all the situations after that felt very rushed and were poorly written. To me it felt like those episodes had been written in five mins in a rush before they given to the cast. They had no feeling in them. I couldn't believe Meredith didn't call Amelia. That was pretty low. I would be raging if someone done that to me when a family member was dying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending